post #1 of 7 Old 08-22-2018, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Garage
CCR2450 carb

Does anyone know of or had good luck with any of the after market brands of carburaters out there.Oem B/S carb for my toro CCR2450 go for 100.00 dollars and up. Rebuild kits seem to be as much as after market carb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-22-2018, 11:54 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 39
Likes (Received): 124
In general the cheap Chinese made carbs you find on Ebay or Amazon tend to be a "pig in a poke". I've purchased quite a few of them. Most worked o.k., but a few were perfect examples of lack of quality control: Improper jetting, mounting holes not bored all the way though, loose throttle plate screws, missing springs, etc.
But hey...most of 'em are less than 20 bucks....

The carb on the 2450 is about as simple as it gets. No adjustments, with just links for the manual choke and the governor. You can adjust running rpm by bending that gold tab attached to the carb. Bending it left speeds the engine up, bending it right slows it down. Like I said, not much to it, and in my opinion, if you get a good one, it will be a step up from the original plastic body carbs Briggs originally put on the Intek---even Briggs realized this was a mistake and manufactured subsequent carbs for this engine out of metal.

Just be careful if you put one on, to watch the idle speed when you take the machine off of choke. If it seems too fast, it very well may be, shut it right down, as it is easy to blow these otherwise good little 2 cycle engines up. (Ask me how I know this..). If it's too fast, try and adjust that tab to the right. If it's still too fast, they didn't jet the *&^% thing right, and you could end up buying another from someone else, or a rebuild kit after all.

If you're looking for guarantees in life, buy yourself a toaster.
--- Clint Eastwood
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks jpor1018 thanked for this post
Likes Kiss4aFrog liked this post
post #3 of 7 Old 08-22-2018, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 512
Thanks (Received): 682
Likes (Given): 3849
Likes (Received): 1480
Garage
I think before I tried the OEM 100+ carb I'd toss thirteen bucks at the Ebay seller for an aftermarket one and hope for the best. So far I've have very good luck with the aftermarket ones when I couldn't get them cleaned myself.

Found this one on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/i/112648687296?chn=ps

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks jpor1018 thanked for this post
post #4 of 7 Old 08-22-2018, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Thanks to all members. Will most likely get aftermarket carb as they do seem to be pretty straight forward to change
post #5 of 7 Old 08-23-2018, 09:29 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 39
Likes (Received): 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpor1018 View Post
Thanks to all members. Will most likely get aftermarket carb as they do seem to be pretty straight forward to change

Jpor'
Yeah....I don't think you can go too far wrong giving it a try.
It's an easy swap. Just two long thru-bolts hold everything together. Put a rag under the carb in case there's a little gas in that gold colored cup-like piece on the throat of the carb, and be careful not to twist or bend the two links when removing. Also, don't stretch that throttle spring that works opposite the governor linkage, and if the carb is good, you should be good to go.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, just watch engine speed after it comes off choke. If it's too fast, you can make that adjustment, but most of the time (especially the simpler carbs) these things work right out of the box. If it were me, I'd order it through Amazon vs. Ebay. If the carb is no good, Amazon will take it back with no hassle and pay for return shipping. Ebay isn't always as easy.

It's well worth your time, to fix this machine, assuming that it still has decent compression. The 2450's and 3650's were handy little machines and because of their age, you can pick them up for cheap today. I have a lot of ground to cover after a snowstorm, but often the volume of snow is not that much. You can practically "run" with these things.......because they are so light. Around here that's useful to not have to bring out one of the slower bigger beasts just to deal with a lighter snowfall.

Good luck with that.

If you're looking for guarantees in life, buy yourself a toaster.
--- Clint Eastwood
post #6 of 7 Old 08-23-2018, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Thank you.Bought that machine about 14 years ago.It was a year old. Used it to replace a John Deere blower 3/22 which i always felt was under powered. I love that little machine.You are right you can almost run through the snow with it Bought the ariens more for the snow at the end of the driveway as i live on a bend and a side street and my driveway opens to three cars wide. Have to knock down snow with shovel if too much than use blower.Just takes a little longer
post #7 of 7 Old 08-23-2018, 01:32 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 34
i put one of those on a 2450 last season only thing is the throttle butterfly was interfering with the engine shrouding and had to be trimmed with a utility knife
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page