LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-16-2018, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 8
Ariens travel speed

I just bought an Ariens Platinum 24 2018.I feel that the travel speed in low gear is a little fast for me I do not like a Brisk walk that I am experiencing now I feel like I am in a Walkathon .Should I try to adjust the speed lever or lower the RPM a little According to my meter the RPM is running at 3650 to 3700 Thanks Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-16-2018, 11:09 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 112
Likes (Given): 116
Likes (Received): 254
VERY easy to adjust, there is a cotter pin that holds the adjuster in the lever on the back of the blower, After you take out the cotter pin you thread the coupler up or down (I forget which way to slow it down) but try one turn and see if it slows down to the desired speed, If it speeds up then itís the other way to slow down lol but just go one turn at a time and try.

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-16-2018, 11:26 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 60
Thanks (Received): 113
Likes (Given): 79
Likes (Received): 124
Garage
Engine speed is fine, it is within the spec. Lowering the engine speed will reduce power.

If your first gear is too fast then likely the reverse is too slow. You can adjust the rubber tired driven disc to get a better compromise. The adjustment is at back of machine where the gear selector rod screws into the adjuster block. Remove the hairpin and remove the adjustment block and screw it up or down the selector rod to adjust speed. Re-attach the adjustment block and insert hairpin. Test run machine and adjust.

Good luck.

2015 Ariens Platinum 30 SHO - model 921040
post #4 of 5 Old 09-16-2018, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks Guys I did not want to get involved with the Carb anyway I bought the Snowblower on line.So I went by the manual for all of the initial Adjustments Well that was not wright.So I did the speed lever adjustment I did a total of 3 turns up the Rod .Now it is a good speed in first gear. Now no more Marathon.I watched a lot of Videos of the Ariens in action and thought everybody was using a high gear for some reason.I think the manual needs some adjustment now. Thanks again Tony
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks knu2xs thanked for this post
post #5 of 5 Old 09-17-2018, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Just an update.After adjusting first gear travel speed slower.Reverse 1 was the speed of reverse 2 .Even though I seldom use reverse, even on my track unit.It felt a little dangerous when I did put it in reverse.So what I did was cut a Notch between forward and reverse.So now I have 3 reverse speeds.I know it is a new machine to take a hacksaw to.But I saw no other way. Now it is perfect in 1 forward and modified Reverse.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Dauntae liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page