Broke Down And Bought A Gallon Of Fluid Film - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 10-25-2018, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 636
Thanks (Received): 160
Likes (Given): 939
Likes (Received): 1017
Garage
Broke Down And Bought A Gallon Of Fluid Film

Gonna try it on my machines and hope it makes a difference.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks leonz thanked for this post
Likes classiccat, leonz liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 10-25-2018, 11:28 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 86
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 156
Hello orangeputeh,

You did not make a mistake.

You can cut it with water making a fifty fifty mix in a quart spray bottle and coat everything that contacts snow or just the chutes and spouts.
Do this several times letting it dry between coats and then use it on the chutes of your snow mules as needed as that is where it will wear down the fluid film coating at a faster rate.

If your garden gnome is near the snow that is being cleared he will be dodging the snow and hiding in the mailbox as you get rid of it.

Its great for moistening the rubber door gaskets of your car to make them seal better as it helps to bring back the flexibility of the rubber gaskets.
Long story short the driver side door gaskets for my truck are over $400.00 plus tax and shipping and I will be wiping them down with fluid film for quite while.

It would help the rubber tracks on the snow mules too but I would not want to do anything other than putting them on blocks and just dipping a shop towel in a 50-50 mix to coat the cleats and the flat sections and using just a little on the tracks to help prolong the life of the tracks.

No worries, the stuff works very well.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks orangputeh thanked for this post
Likes classiccat liked this post
post #3 of 39 Old 10-26-2018, 05:49 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 55
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 195
Likes (Received): 122
Garage
Fluid film is lanolin-based and has a great label declaration, "Fluid Film is a solvent free, lanolin based rust and corrosion inhibitor along with a penetrating lubricant." Non-toxic, non-hazardous are the claims. There are no hazardous solvents in this product! This is in contrast to a lot of the other sprays that keep snow from sticking. Read the label declaration of your favorite snow protectant and look at the solvent profile and at the warnings on the can. Even Dupont's teflon snow ice repellant product reads, "Danger, harmful or fatal if swallowed, Irritant, Extremely Flammable." Arien's Sno-Jet adds "Vapors harmful, Eye, skin and respiratory tract irritant."

Last edited by Miles; 10-26-2018 at 06:56 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 2 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks leonz, orangputeh thanked for this post
Likes classiccat, leonz, RAYAR liked this post
post #4 of 39 Old 10-26-2018, 07:41 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 177
Thanks (Received): 156
Likes (Given): 1632
Likes (Received): 381
I just finished up emptying a gallon can on my new truck (Tundra)... Entire chassis, suspension, inside body panels, inner/outer rockers, cab corners... lots of FF love!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
('72 Sears 3520)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
('89 Toro 824)

('70 Allis-Chalmers Tracker-7)

('80 Toro 724)

('95 Ariens ST724) --> Sold

('71 Ariens 910965 SnoThro 524)
Likes leonz, jrom liked this post
post #5 of 39 Old 10-26-2018, 08:22 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 341
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1110
Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccat View Post
I just finished up emptying a gallon can on my new truck (Tundra)... Entire chassis, suspension, inside body panels, inner/outer rockers, cab corners... lots of FF love!
Well were in the name of ZEUS are The BLOODY PICS of it there, BROTHER CC.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Likes leonz, classiccat liked this post
post #6 of 39 Old 10-26-2018, 09:49 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 86
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 156
Fluid Film, works great on hedge trimmers too.

Web master, The folks at Fluid Film run lots of promotions and I am sure that they would gladly advertise here too as it would increase their sales.

OH, and before I forget it Fluid Film in the aerosol can is $9.99 at NAPA. If you have the latest coupon you can take 20% off your FF purchase after you buy the NAPA bag for 99 cents.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks jrom thanked for this post
Likes jrom liked this post
post #7 of 39 Old 10-26-2018, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
did you brush on or use a 50-50 spray? Thanks everyone . I did not know it had other uses. I was going to just use it on the blowers.

does it leave a clear film or is it slightly discolored when dry ?

I want to use it on my show Honda.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180925_103151_resized.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	147641  

post #8 of 39 Old 10-26-2018, 12:19 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSHIFT93 View Post
Well were in the name of ZEUS are The BLOODY PICS of it there, BROTHER CC.
Here's the old black Chevy that I had since new... and I'd still have it if I had known about FF back in 2001!

^^ It was a tough seeing her in the rear view for the last time.

^^ The new girl already made herself right at home!

('72 Sears 3520)

('89 Toro 824)

('80 Toro 724)

post #9 of 39 Old 10-26-2018, 12:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangputeh View Post
did you brush on or use a 50-50 spray? Thanks everyone . I did not know it had other uses. I was going to just use it on the blowers.

does it leave a clear film or is it slightly discolored when dry ?

I want to use it on my show Honda.
I used a similar kit that SMA is demonstrating here:

the wands are great for getting around various parts of the undercarriage.

There is a little "360-tip nozzle" that's available for the cans which I used for getting into the tight spaces like rockers, cab corners, tailgate weep holes and doors.

It seemed to have self-leveled for me. It does have a yellowish tint to it; i went around and sprayed every single fastener and hose clamp. I'll have to take some pictures of what it looks like on the super-white paint that the toyota uses.

('72 Sears 3520)

('89 Toro 824)

('80 Toro 724)

post #10 of 39 Old 10-26-2018, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
I used a similar kit that SMA is demonstrating here:
video

the wands are great for getting around various parts of the undercarriage.

There is a little "360-tip nozzle" that's available for the cans which I used for getting into the tight spaces like rockers, cab corners, tailgate weep holes and doors.

It seemed to have self-leveled for me. It does have a yellowish tint to it; i went around and sprayed every single fastener and hose clamp. I'll have to take some pictures of what it looks like on the super-white paint that the toyota uses.
how often would you recommend applying a coat to?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page