post #1 of 30 Old 12-05-2018, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 702
Thanks (Received): 196
Likes (Given): 1200
Likes (Received): 1204
Garage
Call of The Day Award Goes To.........

Wondering if you all would be interested in this . For the calls you repair people or shops get with unbelievable calls with unbelievable problems with snowblowers.

Me. This call I got a couple days ago.

Neighbor : "Hey I started up my snowblower and it ran for a couple minutes and then stopped ." I tried and tried to start it and it won't start"

Me. "Are you near the blower?"

Neighbor: "hold on , gotta go in the garage ." Ok , I'm in the garage."

Me. " Is there any gas in tank ? "

Neighbor. " Let me get my flashlight.............................30 seconds go by.........ahhh No , there is no gas in tank." " I'm such a _______!!!"

"Thanks man."

So , who would your call of the day go to?

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Mike C., classiccat liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 12-05-2018, 10:36 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 52
Likes (Given): 268
Likes (Received): 145
Garage
I had to laugh about the car dealership visit the other day where a very young car salesman in-training proudly told me, "Yes, all our cars are checked when they come from the factory and don't use a drop of oil. They are perfectly in-tune. You will never have any trouble with them."

Honda HSS928AWD (upgraded chute, transmission)
Honda HS720AS (at sister's)
Honda EU2000i (generator)

Last edited by Miles; 12-05-2018 at 10:50 PM.
post #3 of 30 Old 12-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 522
Thanks (Received): 690
Likes (Given): 3912
Likes (Received): 1505
Garage
You're just lucky he didn't use his lighter to see

Well, the guy on the phone told me to ...

The video should be titled, Is it full yet?

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 12-06-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks JayzAuto1 thanked for this post
Likes orangputeh, JayzAuto1 liked this post
post #4 of 30 Old 12-05-2018, 10:43 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 63
Likes (Received): 89
Phone calls save wasted time...... I've had Dozens of machines that I sold, brought back to me with irate owners, saying "this POS I just bought 24 hours ago is DEAD!!!!" And "What are you gonna do about it???".....

Wellllllllll, Tell them I DO NOT GIVE A LIFETIME SUPPLY OF GAS...... and it's a good habit to CHECK the gas before you drag this machine all over town for me to SHOW you HOW to check the GAS......
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 132619, russ01915 liked this post
post #5 of 30 Old 12-05-2018, 10:55 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Another Nummy on Monday, Calls to make sure I'm at the shop. Yup, come on down.....Wrestles a 9hp Little Wonder off the back of an F-350 by himself, lets it roll down the hill to the garage door. Tells me how unhappy he is that the machine I JUST repaired, (in APRIL of 2018), now will not start. Has gas all over the engine from where he just OVERfilled it. I ask the usual questions... No he hasn't touched it since it left in April. I tell him, show me how he starts it... He has the choke and gas levers in the correct position to start it. Yes, of course he checked the oil..... So I let him pull that pig a dozen times BEFORE I ask if he bothers to turn the Kill Switch on...... Silence now...He's not so Boisterous. Slaps his forehead, then mutters, "Thanx", then pushes it back UP the hill. I know it killed him to come back 10 minutes later and ask me for help to lift it back into the truck... I ask if he at least wants to start it in front of me to hear it run.... Nooooooo, NOW he trusts me!!!!

A phone call saves soooooo much time
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 5 Likes, 0 Dislikes
post #6 of 30 Old 12-05-2018, 11:11 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 622

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Kiss4aFrog, paulm12, 132619 liked this post
post #7 of 30 Old 12-05-2018, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayzAuto1 View Post
Phone calls save wasted time...... I've had Dozens of machines that I sold, brought back to me with irate owners, saying "this POS I just bought 24 hours ago is DEAD!!!!" And "What are you gonna do about it???".....

Wellllllllll, Tell them I DO NOT GIVE A LIFETIME SUPPLY OF GAS...... and it's a good habit to CHECK the gas before you drag this machine all over town for me to SHOW you HOW to check the GAS......
that's very true. phone calls save time but i still shake my head over them.

some issues are common like the no gas, or gas valve is shut off , or on a Honda the tranny lever is in the released position. yesterday a guy drained his tranny oil thinking it was engine oil and then tranny would not work.

saw a guy at the dealer who put his augers on backward and was wondering why it wasn't working right.

post #8 of 30 Old 12-05-2018, 11:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Those are the rewards to this hobby.....Not that I enjoy other peoples misery (well, most of the time), But a little comic relief at someone else's expense, after they come to take my head off for their sloppiness.
post #9 of 30 Old 12-06-2018, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
Another Nummy on Monday, Calls to make sure I'm at the shop. Yup, come on down.....Wrestles a 9hp Little Wonder off the back of an F-350 by himself, lets it roll down the hill to the garage door. Tells me how unhappy he is that the machine I JUST repaired, (in APRIL of 2018), now will not start. Has gas all over the engine from where he just OVERfilled it. I ask the usual questions... No he hasn't touched it since it left in April. I tell him, show me how he starts it... He has the choke and gas levers in the correct position to start it. Yes, of course he checked the oil..... So I let him pull that pig a dozen times BEFORE I ask if he bothers to turn the Kill Switch on...... Silence now...He's not so Boisterous. Slaps his forehead, then mutters, "Thanx", then pushes it back UP the hill. I know it killed him to come back 10 minutes later and ask me for help to lift it back into the truck... I ask if he at least wants to start it in front of me to hear it run.... Nooooooo, NOW he trusts me!!!!

A phone call saves soooooo much time
A PHONE CALL SAVES SO MUCH TIME

a guy called me and insisted I come over because his blower won't start. I serviced it for him 2 weeks prior. Of course I felt bad. Asked him on phone a couple questions. I said maybe he flooded it and told him the procedure to start a flooded engine. Still wouldnt start.

So I drove the 5 miles to him.

Gas valve wasnt on! I showed him that. Started right up ,of course.

When I brought it back I shut off gas valve . He had NEVER turned off gas valve since he bought it new.

Lesson learned on my part.

Now I ask 3 basic q's

Gas in tank?
Gas valve on?
Key on?

if all yes , then go from there.

post #10 of 30 Old 12-06-2018, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
Those are the rewards to this hobby.....Not that I enjoy other peoples misery (well, most of the time), But a little comic relief at someone else's expense, after they come to take my head off for their sloppiness.
off topic but I see you are from Walpole. Went to that Tractor Trailer Truck driving school in Walpole back in 1980. Cost $1200 which I worked 2 jobs pumping gas to pay for.

was worth it. retired after 34 years in pretty good shape.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page