post #1 of 4 Old 01-27-2019, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Ariens 624E Model 920001 linkage pics?

Hello again,

Thanks to help here I finally got my unit running this afternoon pre-tomorrow's blizzard. Yay!

Next week it is forecast to warm up and I want to go back in there and verify proper linkage connections in the throttle governor and the #36632 throttle link - carb to governor arm. And to adjust the idle.

I got my 624e Ariens at Home Depot back in December 2007. I need a favor. I can find nothing specific to this online after hours of searching.

If anyone has the same unit, do you have or could you take & post a few pics showing the proper orientation of that throttle link at the carb as well as any throttle lever/governor linkages?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-29-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I've been reading/searching the interwebs without much success on my particular setup. Here are a couple pics - can someone talk me through static setting the governor arm etc.?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wwr65S24B9ne4Mi89

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ojJ5SaireoDpoLe36
post #3 of 4 Old 01-29-2019, 05:49 PM

Location: North Dallas area and UP of MI, average snowfall 202"
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 58
Likes (Received): 174
That's typically not what is adjusted in the gov setup. See the screw on the arm in the background, and the arm going up out of the top of the shot that should connect to the throttle plate? *That* is what you adjust. Move the throttle to the full open position, and note which direction the governor arm moves. Now loosen the screw that holds the arm to the shaft coming out of the engine, and push the throttle full open, and turn the shaft coming out of the engine full in that same direction, and tighten the screw. That will take the slop out of the governor linkage. The next step is to run it, and tweak the linkage in your photo to get the correct maximum speed.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks chicagorandy thanked for this post
post #4 of 4 Old 01-29-2019, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks a million - exactly the info I needed.

I have a fresh spring and a new small throttle link enroute from Amazon to 'freshen up' the 12 yr old controls a little. A new spare carb is also on-hand.

Other than the issues I experienced this year, this Ariens 624E has been a gem of a machine. For its smallish size (6hp) it is a real power-house.

I know this model was discontinued at some point but it must be pretty reliable as I have not been able to find very much info across the web and youtube showing carb/engine type work specific to it. Belts and augers and such? Yes, but not the engine/carb governor area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page