LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 02-16-2019, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Tecumseh 5hp HS50 camshaft help..

I need to see if someone can please assist/shine some light for me here.. I am attempting to put my Tecumseh HS50 5HP engine back together after addressing a governor issue. Where me issue lies is in getting the crankshaft and camshaft realigned as I cannot get the camshaft out of the crankcase cover. I was first wondering if anyone knows if this camshaft "key" was removable? If not, what is a good recommendation to make sure I get the cranked stamped dot and the camshaft lined up properly so nothing is out of time? Ive read through the manual here: http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/ma...headmanual.pdf and unless I missed something I am not finding anything helpful :/ Any advice you all could give I would much appreciate!! Also.. If any of you know of a way to tell which valve lifter goes where that would be helpful too, I just want to verify i have them correct as they just popped out in such a quick fashion that when I went to move them out of the way I am not sure if I missed up order :/ really hoping I did not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page