LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-07-2019, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
jd 1032d replacement

hello newbe here,looking for a replacement engine for my jd 1032d. haven't had any luck. here are the info I got off of it;

Mo1032d170223 bought new in 1999

engine is tecumsch 10 hp
hmsk100-159311w
engine family-vip358uig2rc
displacement 358
I believe its a 1 inch shaft
the one I have now blew a hole threw the case behind the starter.everybody I talked to says oh, this one will fit or that one will fit with a little fab. I don't want to if possible drill new holes or change this or that to make it work.any help or leads would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-07-2019, 08:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 330
Then based on your statement, you want another Tec 10 HP. Get one with the correct diameter, length and style (meaning non-tapered) crankshaft and the worst you'd have to do is transfer the carb from the old engine to the replacement. That's because the carburetors choke and carb linkage may e different.

Something like a 7 HP Tec would be the same though you might have to put a riser on the mount if you want to use the same belts etc. Any else in a OHC or OHV engine will likely take some modifications to the blower to make it fit and work. How much - don't know as I don't have that blower or know what engine you're interested in.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks dmsteen thanked for this post
post #3 of 5 Old 03-07-2019, 11:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 29
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 31
Likes (Received): 7
Agreed with the above - go Tecumseh to Tecumseh, same HMSK10. Is your engine single shaft or dual shaft? Try to get one that matches what the old one was.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-08-2019, 08:23 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 84
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 263
Doesn't Harbor Freight have an engine for that? You folks always talk up the HF engines..
post #5 of 5 Old 03-09-2019, 07:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlowSnow View Post
Doesn't Harbor Freight have an engine for that? You folks always talk up the HF engines..
Said he doesn't want to change anything to get it to fit. Can't swap another brand engine without some form of mod based on everything I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page