post #1 of 3 Old 07-19-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 103
Likes (Received): 73
Carb leak detector problem..

Hi guys,
I was wondering if someone who owns a leak detector would be willing to take it apart to help me determine what part is missing in mine,actually my father's?

It will no longer pump up pressure and he took it apart to see if he could figure out what's wrong with it.I think he may have lost a part because for the life of me I can't see how it can build pressure without some kind of check-valve device down inside the plunger itself.The main check-valve is present.

There are two holes drilled on either side of the plunger.Those have to be plugged part of the pump cycle but I don't see a part to accomplish that.

I'd appreciate any help.Thanks.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-19-2019, 05:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 691
Thanks (Received): 185
Likes (Given): 1109
Likes (Received): 1117
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C. View Post
Hi guys,
I was wondering if someone who owns a leak detector would be willing to take it apart to help me determine what part is missing in mine,actually my father's?

It will no longer pump up pressure and he took it apart to see if he could figure out what's wrong with it.I think he may have lost a part because for the life of me I can't see how it can build pressure without some kind of check-valve device down inside the plunger itself.The main check-valve is present.

There are two holes drilled on either side of the plunger.Those have to be plugged part of the pump cycle but I don't see a part to accomplish that.

I'd appreciate any help.Thanks.
I would go to companies website and down load the owners manual or diagram of tool if available. Or you could email or call and they can provide the proper link.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #3 of 3 Old 07-19-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 103
Likes (Received): 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangputeh View Post
I would go to companies website and down load the owners manual or diagram of tool if available. Or you could email or call and they can provide the proper link.
Appreciate the suggestion,but I have hunted in vain for an owner's manual from any source.Parts kits don't seem to be available for them,they want you to buy a new one when it dies.

I'm banking on the idea that the check valve is likely to be a part I can make if I can determine what it looks like.Thanks much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page