Differential identification, help needed - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-09-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Differential identification, help needed

Hello all, my first post here. I have a tractor snow thrower that is broken. The differential isn’t working anymore. At first I was thinking it was custom built using an old dodge differential or something similar but I haven’t been able to make a link with any model from the picture that I found on the net. I’ ll unmount the thing over the weekend in order to open iy

https://imgur.com/a/DQYiFCy

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-09-2019, 11:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 86
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 157
Welcome to the forum Tommy,

You may want to wander over to the www.mytractorforum.com web page and become a member and also post your pictures there too.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-10-2019, 01:36 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Thanks (Received): 53
Likes (Given): 103
Likes (Received): 53
What is the manufacturer of that machine? It could be a unit built by them or an old Eaton or Ford unit. Most of the Dana/Spicer units had a removable ring gear cover. Your unit has the removable ring and pinion gear carrier "Center section" that is removed while it is still installed in its holder. I have seen many differential/final drive, bevel gear cases like that from years ago, it was just a ring and pinion set-up for a snowblower with no spider gears in the ring gear carrier case. Some old carnival rides used that gear case a long time ago. They were built by the manufacturer of the machine that it was used for back then, it was a simple design back then. Some old Ramblers used a set-up like that.
I wonder if that was a home made or custom made unit, it is hard to tell without knowing who it is manufactured by.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page