Snowblower Forum banner

Toro CCR 2000 hard starting

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  crazzywolfie 
#1 ·
Hello, I have a nice CCR 2000 Toro that I was getting ready for winter. I put a new carb, scraper bar, fuel lines and even a key switch ( because the only way it seemed to start was by wiggling the wires). It wouldn’t even sputter. I then put a new ground wire from the switch terminal to the engine cover. Nothing. I tip it forward to examine again, set it back down, and it started right up( without chocking or priming ). WTH !! I shut it off and it would not start. I tipped it forward again on its nose ( auger ) pulled it back and it starts and runs great. Question. What is causing me to have to do this ? It sounds like I’m dumping gas into the combustion chamber because the carburetor isn’t doing it’s job. Any thoughts are appreciated.

#2 ·
Drain the tank, carb, remove the line and make sure the line is completely clear.

Fill with gas, remove the fuel bowl, check to see the volume of gas, push the float up and down, check the volume.

#3 ·
did you try rebuilding the original carb that was on it? i am pretty sure i have read of people having multiple issues with aftermarket carbs for these things and most times people end up just rebuilding the stock one and tossing it back on and all was good again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.