Snowblower Forum banner

8/32 Toro snowblower

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  enigma-2 
#1 ·
Hi I recently purchased a 8/32 Toro snowblower and having a hard time finding the Serial number and Model number, where is it located? It's also is electric start.And it hasn't run in ten years.When I change the oil, should I flush the motor out with deisel fuel. Any advice will would be great.

#2 ·
Welcome to SBF.
Look down on lower left of the tractor, down between and below the handlebars. No need to flush it out IMHO. I'd maybe put a little (no more than teaspoon) oil in the spark plug hole before starting and pull the rope a few times while the plug is still out. Make sure the crankcase is indeed filled before starting. Put the plug back in, run it till it warms up and change the oil. You're biggest problem is probably going to be fuel related since it hasn't been run for such a long time the carb is very possibly gummed up badly,along with the gas tank.

#5 ·
Are you asking about the machine model number or the engine model number? The Tecumseh engine model number is under the electric plug in receptacle. Two 1/4" screws remove it. If not there it's a tag attached somewhere on the fan shroud.

The machine mdl number is located where I stated in my first post. If tank looks clean I'd try to get it running first, without cleaning the tank and carb. It's possible it'll take right off. Maybe the most you'll have to do is replace the primer line that goes from tank to the carb.

#11 ·
What happens when you try to use the electric starter? Is there any possibility that it could be corroded connections or a bad switch?

Its probably impossible to find a new kit for a 1977 snowblower, perhaps you could find a electric motor repair shop in your area that can repair the motor? May cost as much as new, but there are no other options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.