LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-04-2019, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Question Can't ID model number for parts

I bought a White Snow Boss snowblower model 389- 600590. Runs like champ but the auger belt is slipping. From the research I've done I thought it was in 88 but non of the model numbers I've come across match. Can anyone give me more info.. Thank you every one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191001_000904.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	158483   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191001_155455.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	540.9 KB
ID:	158485   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191001_155503.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	158487   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191001_155521.jpg
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	158489   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191001_155721.jpg
Size:	587.1 KB
ID:	158491  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-04-2019, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 511
Thanks (Received): 682
Likes (Given): 3849
Likes (Received): 1480
Garage
to SBF NotDanzig ImVern

Not sure of the blower but the engine # ending in 7222B should be the second week of Aug in 87 or 97. From the way the engine looks I'd say a '97 or '98 IMHO.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-04-2019, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 511
Thanks (Received): 682
Likes (Given): 3849
Likes (Received): 1480
Garage
BTW the tires are on backwards. Standing behind the handlebars you should see the tread form an arrow going forward.
Looking at it some more I'm not sure it isn't an '87/'88. Best to wait on what some others think.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 11-04-2019 at 07:59 PM.
post #4 of 8 Old 11-06-2019, 12:28 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 37
Thanks (Received): 161
Likes (Given): 90
Likes (Received): 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss4aFrog View Post
BTW the tires are on backwards. Standing behind the handlebars you should see the tread form an arrow going forward.
I would think the traction would be better the way they are mounted... Arrow pointing forward on the bottom.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-06-2019, 09:31 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 112
Likes (Given): 116
Likes (Received): 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabora View Post
I would think the traction would be better the way they are mounted... Arrow pointing forward on the bottom.
Tires are designed to push the snow outward to dig down to pavement to get traction, The way they are will keep putting snow and slush into the center and pile slippery snow under the tire.

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-06-2019, 09:54 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 54
Likes (Received): 153
Those tires are definitely on backwards.

Just pull the pins and swap the sides, easy fix …

Those Chevron tread design worked very well. They came on my fathers Yardman back in the day. They were solid, wore them out, changed to pneumatic SnowHogs, wore them out, now I just put on a new pair of XTrac.

Last edited by oneacer; 11-06-2019 at 09:58 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-11-2019, 06:47 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss4aFrog View Post
to SBF NotDanzig ImVern

Not sure of the blower but the engine # ending in 7222B should be the second week of Aug in 87 or 97. From the way the engine looks I'd say a '97 or '98 IMHO.

Thanks for having me. According to how MTD identifies their blowers it was made in 88 ...but the blowers they released that year do not resemble mine at all and they all have the White Outdoor brand logo on them. Not just the White brand marker they used before MTD bought them in 81? I think. there is a dude on Youtube with the same blower. Almost identical. He seems to think that it's pre MTD but the serial number layout is just too similar to not being released by MTD. I'm beginning to think I was right all along.

P.S. I never kissed a frog in my party days but licked a frog more then once and it was nothing like it was hyped . That is a story for another day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauntae View Post
Tires are designed to push the snow outward to dig down to pavement to get traction, The way they are will keep putting snow and slush into the center and pile slippery snow under the tire.
Found that out quickly ...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneacer View Post
Those tires are definitely on backwards.

Just pull the pins and swap the sides, easy fix …
Wasn't as easy as it could have been. When I pulled off the one side I broke the weld and had to haul out the stick welder and it's been a long long long time since i tacked anything but in the end I got it done and all is right as rain but.......see below
Quote:
Those Chevron tread design worked very well. They came on my fathers Yardman back in the day. They were solid, wore them out, changed to pneumatic SnowHogs, wore them out, now I just put on a new pair of XTrac.
They were off the Craftsman I sold for parts and they do kick arse. I did two feet of snow this morning. Not just my place but the whole city block. Been waiting for snow like a kid waiting for xmas. Finally got some and probably got a little carried away. Hoping the neighbors aren't expecting that every snow fall. Lolol

So along with the snowfall she is brittle cold as well. We hit minus 22 this morning I think and though the Snow King worked like a boss (never complained once) I managed to break it. Lol. The pull start cord just pulls out and recoil without turning the flywheel. I assume there is some kind of tensor pulley, bar, brake or spring that holds that pull cord in place? I should just be able to pull the housing and look for a broken/missing clip or spring? Thanks a thousand times over in advance.

Below is a pic of buddies Snow King and mine... other then a few minor changes they seen quite similar

First pic is his machine second is mine

Edit: Can a mod please merge my posts. I posted it in the MTD section and here but under a different username. Couldn't retrieve other password for some reason. Anyway I am OP of both threads. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	here is his.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	158781   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191001_155455.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	158783  

Last edited by Oren Nickerson; 11-11-2019 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Request
post #8 of 8 Old Today, 02:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Just an update. It looks to be from 88 as suspected and had 30+ years of carbon build up to go with it. One can of Seafoam and an almost complete rebuild later and she runs like new. Not too mention smoking out the whole neighborhood and having the fire department come ....twice. My motto of "never let fear or common sense get in the way" was not very amusing....to the firefighters anyway. The city bylaw officer did find it amusing enough to not give me a ticket. Well and the fact when he asked me my name and full address I said, "just a sec brb' and came back with the empty can of Seafoam. I didn't have my glasses so I offered him the can. He replied kinda confused, "what is this for?" I said, "sorry I can't read the fine print but there is an address on the can for Seafoam's head office and you can send the fine there." You could tell he was trying to keep his composure. He had that look like he wanted to roar with laughter but just took the can normal like and I thought is he just playing along? He studies the can for a minute of so and say's "so you managed to smoke out two city blocks with an ounce of Seafoam?" Hahahahhahha, smarta** and was rofl inside but kept my cool, "Sorry officer but I'm evoking my 5th amendment rights and refuse to answer to keep from incriminating myself". " Well played he says but we are not in the U.S." "Touche officer touche" is what i said but in my head I was like freaking smart-a**. "Well played enough to get me out of a ticket?" Well I'll say this" If i have to come back here then you better up your game some, son" As he drove away I thought I'd better wait a week or two to Seafoam the generator and lawnmower. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page