Noma/Murray E2784-000 code 4236 operators manual/grease recommendations - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-16-2019, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Noma/Murray E2784-000 code 4236 operators manual/grease recommendations

Hello,
I have an older Murray snowblower with an 8hp Tecumseh engine. It runs great with some work, and have been able to find some parts and the manuals for the engine but have been unable to find any documentation on the blower itself. Also trying to maintenance the machine and am looking for what type of greases to use as well as other maint. specifics. Can anybody help?
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-16-2019, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thinking of using Trophy
EP White Lithium Low Temp Grease (specs http://www.comolube.com/wp-content/u...te-Lithium.pdf
Any thoughts?
post #3 of 12 Old 11-16-2019, 08:29 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Received): 286
Seems the general rule hear is in the cast iron gearboxes, most use a gear lube oil, and in the clamshell aluminum gear boxes, most use a grease, with many using "00". A lot even use that in the cast boxes with leaking seals.
post #4 of 12 Old 11-16-2019, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneacer View Post
Seems the general rule hear is in the cast iron gearboxes, most use a gear lube oil, and in the clamshell aluminum gear boxes, most use a grease, with many using "00". A lot even use that in the cast boxes with leaking seals.
Thanks, that was another question. Appears to be grease in the gearbox. From my understanding that is only changed if ever opened?

I was speaking more about general lubrication; augers and other zerks, etc. Don’t think it’s been done before, at least since it’s been in the family. Was given to my parents from old neighbors years ago, and I am doing some much needed maintenance.
post #5 of 12 Old 11-16-2019, 08:52 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Received): 286
Seems most here have there favorites. I personally am a fan of the red grease, also white lithium.

Also a big fan of the chain and cable lube called MAC, from NAPA.

And I am always using Trizol for a penetrating lube.

Also note, all my small equipment only uses the 5W30 Full Synthetic motor oil … summer and winter equipment
post #6 of 12 Old 11-16-2019, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
@oneacer Thanks, going to try the low temp white.

Update: Just put a new float bowl on, drain disappeared from the last. I put new float needle, bowl, and seat like 6 years ago and family have been using it basically since so going over it all.

Gas is dripping from the carburetor out of the choke now, Anyone have any thoughts as to why this is? And would I have to put a new o ring on the bowl if I have to take it back off? Been on for maybe two days. Engine is Tecumseh HMSK80 155480s (D)

Last edited by djames187; 11-16-2019 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Added engine model
post #7 of 12 Old 11-16-2019, 05:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 60
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 122
Likes (Received): 20
I wonder if your new float needle is the correct one? Could be it is not seated correctly against the small rubber seat in the carb, allowing gas to continually flow out? Or, is the float set correctly?
post #8 of 12 Old 11-16-2019, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsnod View Post
I wonder if your new float needle is the correct one? Could be it is not seated correctly against the small rubber seat in the carb, allowing gas to continually flow out? Or, is the float set correctly?
I’m not sure, it has been probably six years since I put the needle and seat in. I would probably need to get a spare o ring before taking the bowl off again as it’s been on a couple days now. It starts and runs just fine though.
However I just realized I’ve pulled on the starter cord a few times with the throttle closed to rotate the augers, could this have pushed gas up and out?
post #9 of 12 Old 11-16-2019, 10:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by djames187 View Post

I was speaking more about general lubrication; augers and other zerks, etc. Donít think itís been done before, at least since itís been in the family.
While most here now suggest using low temperature grease if available, I have a sneaking suspicion that it simply wasn't generally available to most people outside of specialized industries way back when. At least I don't recall ever seeing anything like that in any auto parts place growing up in MD so I could be mistaken about that.

If that is true then it follows that the machinery will be very happy with any grease since that is most assuredly better than none.
post #10 of 12 Old 11-17-2019, 11:03 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 7
Likes (Received): 29
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djames187 View Post
@oneacer Thanks, going to try the low temp white.

Update: Just put a new float bowl on, drain disappeared from the last. I put new float needle, bowl, and seat like 6 years ago and family have been using it basically since so going over it all.

Gas is dripping from the carburetor out of the choke now, Anyone have any thoughts as to why this is? And would I have to put a new o ring on the bowl if I have to take it back off? Been on for maybe two days. Engine is Tecumseh HMSK80 155480s (D)
Float is stuck open if gas is running out of the carb. UNLESS you used the primer button. If it is leaking just sitting there than it is the float/needle stuck. The o-ring should be fine to re-use

Ariens 1027le
Meyer 8' Stainless Lot Pro fitted to 2012 F250
17 Arctic Cat Mtn Cat, for the day after
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page