Cleaned Carburetor Using Berrymans's B12 Still No Start - Husqvarna Huayi Carburetor - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 12-06-2019, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Question Cleaned Carburetor Using Berrymans's B12 Still No Start - Husqvarna Huayi Carburetor

Hi, I have Husqvarna with a Chinese "Huayi" Carburetor. A new carb is $90 bucks (587154101 CARBURETOR (L15D) which isn't cheap). Machine starts with starter fluid. I have compression, and spark. The machine also starts with some gasoline in the spark plug hole. As other members have pointed out seems the carb is the issue.

Yesterday, I took the carb apart again. I sprayed everything with Berryman b-12. I had no blockage of any of the small holes even the ones in the throttle body shaft had spray coming out of them. Used a pin to make sure all holes were clear. The carb bowl has gas in it. I also took the fuel tank and cleaned as it had some gas in it apparently and residue. I put the gas in the plastic water bottom bottle and noticed some heavier cloudy substance at the bottom (Which is why I cleaned out the tank). Normally I run my machine till it runs out of gas so now sure why I had residue in the tank. Also took the valve covers off, springs are ok nothing broken.

Went to start it again last night, still no go. The main needle in the center and all its holes are clear so I am no sure why the carb seems to not be supplying fuel. I have thoroughly cleaned this thing twice in two days. Starts when I put the gas in the spark plug chamber.

Should I see gas coming up the center needle when I press the primer bulb? Thoughts? btw the carb its needles didn't look bad at all. Machine is 5 years old maybe 20 hours total usage to date. I changed the oil over to synthetic after the first season (oil looks clean).

Cleaned Carburetor Using Berrymans's B12 Still  No Start - Husqvarna Huayi Carburetor-imag1441.jpgCleaned Carburetor Using Berrymans's B12 Still  No Start - Husqvarna Huayi Carburetor-imag1451.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-06-2019, 07:47 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 259
Thanks (Received): 309
Likes (Given): 3116
Likes (Received): 611
Welcome to SBF cloves. The orientation of the intake manifold gaskets is critical to proper operation, double check them. Here is the MTD small engine repair manual which has the carb cleaning info starting on page-55. I hope it helps.

http://service.mtdproducts.com/Train...horizontal.pdf

Toro 8/24 (38080) 1989
Toro 721-QZR (38743) 2015 (Hemi Predator Power)
Toro (51984) Hand Held Blower (For the light stuff)

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
post #3 of 15 Old 12-06-2019, 07:48 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 78
Thanks (Received): 81
Likes (Given): 313
Likes (Received): 342
Sounds like you covered all the bases.

On my unit, fuel dribbles out onto the floor if primed ~5 times. If you cant get that to happen, that could be it.

very hard to start a cold machine without a few pumps from a working primer bulb.

1989 John Deere 1032
1979 Toro 5/24 38040 (now a 6.5)
1978 Ariens S16H Tractor & Plow
post #4 of 15 Old 12-06-2019, 07:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 166
Thanks (Received): 301
Likes (Given): 408
Likes (Received): 998
Is there a valve somewhere that is closed? Never mind........"bowl has gas in it."

Joe
Sent from my wife's old Toshiba
Ariens 921001
Toro 38074- sold
Toro CCR 3650E-sold
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #5 of 15 Old 12-06-2019, 08:41 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 63
Likes (Received): 218
so the main jet and emulsion tube are clear? sometimes they may be open but still partially blocked. i will sometimes try running compressed air through them and all other ports/holes in the carb. it usually clears things out. sometimes the main jet and emulsion tube need to come out to clean them properly.

arien 520 snow blower 6.5hp swap
yardworks 31AH6WKF515
post #6 of 15 Old 12-06-2019, 09:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 131
Thanks (Received): 114
Likes (Given): 243
Likes (Received): 188
Check your valve clearance, you might have a tight intake valve and it will not seal properly and not take in the fuel mixture into the cylinder, acting like it is not getting any gas.
Those LCT engines on Husqvarna's were noted for that, even when they were new. LCT didn't have any quality control at the China factory when/where the engines are built at and they had some problems. Also the softer cheaper materials used in the manufacturing of the valves caused the faces to wear exceptionally fast and needed much more frequent valve adjustments and replacements.
If it is a tight valve, check both intake and exhaust and re-adjust them, it might help with your starting problems and power issues.
post #7 of 15 Old 12-06-2019, 09:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 126
Thanks (Received): 191
Likes (Given): 447
Likes (Received): 786
I would put the carb on the engine. Using a Blowgun and Compressed Air, Send air into the Small Holes in the Throat of the Carb. Blast all the Holes until fuel comes Freely out of it. Engine will Now Run. Not My First Rodeo.

Last edited by Jackmels; 12-06-2019 at 10:38 PM.
post #8 of 15 Old 12-06-2019, 10:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 53
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 58
Even in an ultrasonic cleaner I've had some of those carbs not come clean. They tend to clog up real easy from my experience.

Ariens ST11528LE
Honda HS720
post #9 of 15 Old 12-06-2019, 10:40 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 34
Likes (Given): 210
Likes (Received): 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor City View Post
Even in an ultrasonic cleaner I've had some of those carbs not come clean. They tend to clog up real easy from my experience.
I've had the same experience.

Cloves, if you search Amazon or eBay for the L15D carb you'll find several for less than $20. There's no reason to spend $90 on a carb labeled "OE" for Husky when it's an LCT engine.

By the way, did you remove and clean the jet under the red screw in your second photo? You'll have to first remove the black plastic screw to gain access. You can use a torch tip or micro drill bit to clean the orifice completely.

Last edited by rod330; 12-06-2019 at 10:55 PM.
post #10 of 15 Old 12-07-2019, 07:18 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 37
Likes (Given): 279
Likes (Received): 73
that cloudiness in the bottom of that clear bottle was WATER, water being heavier than gas settles to the bottom of the carb , right where the jets pick up the fuel, motors don't run on water

as you stated it ran on starter fluid try using fresh gas in a preferably clean well sealed gas can, reclean the carb , never store gas in a can that can not be tightly sealed,
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes orangputeh liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page