LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-18-2019, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Honda HS 724

So I had an issue with the forward and reverse selector on my Honda, and was able to resolve it thanks to the tips I got here. But now I've got another issue. I haven't used the machine a lot this season, short of our first storm, but between then and now I've noticed that the machine is running louder and a faster than before. The only difference from the last time I used it is that I ended up finishing my driveway during the last storm with regular gas (ran out of Trufuel), and I just adjusted the forward/reverse selector, but neither strike me as likely culprits. Any suggestions as to what to diagnose next? It was fully tuned and put away dry, so I have a hard imagining it's the plug, carb, etc. I'm willing to check anything though, and welcome all tips. This machine ran like a top last season, and performed great during the last storm.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-18-2019, 03:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by klawrencNH View Post
So I had an issue with the forward and reverse selector on my Honda, and was able to resolve it thanks to the tips I got here. But now I've got another issue. I haven't used the machine a lot this season, short of our first storm, but between then and now I've noticed that the machine is running louder and a faster than before. The only difference from the last time I used it is that I ended up finishing my driveway during the last storm with regular gas (ran out of Trufuel), and I just adjusted the forward/reverse selector, but neither strike me as likely culprits. Any suggestions as to what to diagnose next? It was fully tuned and put away dry, so I have a hard imagining it's the plug, carb, etc. I'm willing to check anything though, and welcome all tips. This machine ran like a top last season, and performed great during the last storm.

Thanks!
When you were doing the forward/ reverse fix did you happen to knock out the throttle cable by accident? If you did, when putting it back in you might have tightened the set screw, or you have it in under the lock screw which would increased cable travel, and the throttle. That being said there are much smarter people here that will probably have a better idea.

Do you have a tach?
post #3 of 8 Old 12-18-2019, 04:51 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 762
Thanks (Received): 235
Likes (Given): 1580
Likes (Received): 1664
Garage
what is the rpms at full throttle? I believe on the 724 it should be 3600-3700 plus/minus 150.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #4 of 8 Old 12-18-2019, 05:21 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 248
Likes (Given): 143
Likes (Received): 500
Get one of these tach/hour meters if you don't have one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RacingPower...-/332514518214
Interestingly, my HSS1332 was set at 3600RPM last year, and when I used it this morning it was at 3750RPM. Maybe the gas got better???
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes GOLDWOOD liked this post
post #5 of 8 Old 12-18-2019, 07:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 762
Thanks (Received): 235
Likes (Given): 1580
Likes (Received): 1664
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabora View Post
Get one of these tach/hour meters if you don't have one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RacingPower...-/332514518214
Interestingly, my HSS1332 was set at 3600RPM last year, and when I used it this morning it was at 3750RPM. Maybe the gas got better???
maybe the mousies are stronger

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #6 of 8 Old 12-19-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Buying now, thanks for the rec.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-19-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
No, but it's definitely something I could use. I'll be getting one now.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-19-2019, 01:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by klawrencNH View Post
No, but it's definitely something I could use. I'll be getting one now.

Also if you are running "normal" gas, I would pick up some sea foam or stabilizer of your preference. Just don't buy Sea foam from Lowe's, its twice the price as almost anywhere else for some reason.

If you already ordered the Tach you will probably have it before we get any more snow - but if you need one sooner to check things out your more than welcome to borrow mine. Its on my 828 at the moment, but I installed it with a command strip so I can remove it easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page