Ideas on extending choke lever on single stage blowers - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 12-23-2019, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 26
Likes (Received): 3
Ideas on extending choke lever on single stage blowers

I have swapped out some Toro S-200 diaphragm carbs for a float bowl design and it works great. My issue is that the new carbs have choke levers which are skinny levers about 3" long vs the old carbs which had a link to a twist choke knob on the dashboard. The choke knob linkage connected to a small plate on the choke shaft.

Unfortunately the choke lever is too short to protrude through the shroud - which I had to cut a glide-path for the lever- so it's a pain to move the lever which sits just slightly behind the shroud.

Here is an extension I guess I could make work.

I kind of care how it looks otherwise I would get some rubber hose and pinch onto the lever as an extension. I also thought about getting some brass tubing which can slide over the choke lever and I could crimp it onto the choke lever.

Here is the type of carb to show the choke lever but the shafts I have are straight. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...77228952550304

Thanks for any suggestions. If I am making no sense, let me know and I will snap some pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-23-2019, 06:40 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 176
Thanks (Received): 344
Likes (Given): 481
Likes (Received): 851
I think pics that help show how the carb sits, relative to the machine's shroud, would be helpful.

From the carb pic, it looks like you have kind of a "knob" on the end of the choke lever, that you could attach to. Like looping something around that, or drilling a small hole where it says "Choke", and putting something through that hole (so it stays secure and doesn't slip around).

Could you, for instance, attach a rod to that Choke "knob", even on a pivot? Something that could protrude from the machine's shroud, giving you access to the rod?

Depending on the orientation of the carb within the shroud, you could even do something like extending 2 strings (or wires, etc) from that knob out beyond the machine's shroud, in either direction. So you could pull one to turn the choke on, pull the other to turn it off.

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page