LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 Old 12-30-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 10
Ok so I took everything apart....

So I was thinking that this gas leak was coming from the bowl gasket or one of the screws holding the bowl But upon further inspection it seems that I have gotten in deeper that what I bargained for. This is bigger slow drip which seems the be the main source of this leak. As base below the motor has a puddle of gas which I did not notice before. This cannot be cause by over filling can it? What do you guys recommend my next step? Oh and also as I thought this was a power more engine and I was told by the seller. But to me it looks more of a clone or a "China-more" To be more specific. THis thing has been giving me such a headache and I would just leave it but my whole garage smells of gas and we have a small baby inside so Im just trying to fix it asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like it might be the connection from the gas tank to the carb. Because on the carb end the clamp wasnt even on the tube properly and had a tiny bit of gas around it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191230_122750.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	161825   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191230_122741.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	161827  

Last edited by dubzino; 12-30-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 12-30-2019, 01:21 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 59
Thanks (Received): 72
Likes (Given): 58
Likes (Received): 183
i think u answered your own question, the clamp on the fuel line should be there/installed properly else you would most def a gas leak

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 47 Old 12-30-2019, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
No the end attached to the carb just had a touch of gas. Now when i tilt the snow blower gas is pouring out onto the base. Please see the pictures. Did I pul off the end attached to the gas container?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20191230_133631.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	161829  
post #4 of 47 Old 12-30-2019, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
This is the part that gas is pouring out from. It was dong this beofre.I think I made it worse but all I did was open the case.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20191230_133605.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	161831  
post #5 of 47 Old 12-30-2019, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
What part would I take of next to try and get to the other end of the line? that is the gas line correct?
post #6 of 47 Old 12-30-2019, 02:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 32
Likes (Given): 46
Likes (Received): 52
If you think you overfilled the tank, siphon some gas out and see if the leak stops. There is often an indicator in the tank for the proper fill level.

I don't know what you mean by "all I did was open the case." The area you circled in post 4 is not a likely source of the leak, the gas is likely just collecting under the engine. There is a drop of gas on the end of the fuel line at the carb. I suggest that you remove the black flywheel cover so you can inspect the entire fuel line from the tank outlet to the carb inlet. Fuel may be leaking somewhere along the line and dripping off to collect under the engine and running down the line to drip off at the carb.

If fuel is leaking from the fuel line connection at the carb inlet or tank outlet, move the tiny hose clamp up the fuel line an inch or two, put the machine in the service position so fuel will not run out (you may have to drain the tank some if full), pull the fuel line off the carb or tank, cut a half inch off the end of the fuel line (make sure there is enough slack in the fuel line to reconnect it after cutting), push the fuel line fully onto the carb or tank and put the hose clamp back in place. You may have to get another piece of fuel line.

Also, please identify the make and model of your machine.

1986 Toro 524 (Predator 212 Hemi, Impeller Mod.)
1997 Toro 724
1997 Toro 824XL Power Throw
post #7 of 47 Old 12-30-2019, 02:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
yellow circle is your fuel line connection to the carb, most likely the source of fuel leak
red circle is oil drain tube

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gasleakblowe1r.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	651.1 KB
ID:	161843  

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 87powershiftx2 liked this post
post #8 of 47 Old 12-30-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
ok great thanks. Ya I figured there is an issue somewhere alone the line. I was trying to avoid taking the flywheel off but here goes nothing lol
post #9 of 47 Old 12-30-2019, 02:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
don think u need to remove flywheel.

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 87powershiftx2 liked this post
post #10 of 47 Old 12-30-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Its a snow joe sj906 but seems to have this exact same engine.

Is there anytthing I shold be aware of when taking off this flywheel? I dont want to break anything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page