LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-17-2014, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
ariens deluxe 30 - 2009

Just picked up a new to me 2009 Ariens deluxe 30 - seen little use, has been stored for the last few years. Found a User manual on the internet, not very detailed. Does anybody have a document on what needs to be maintained on these things - what type of oil, what needs to be greased etc..

If anyone can tell me what oil it needs - that is a start.

Any info is appreciated - thanks.

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-17-2014, 09:21 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 82
Hi SkyJockey, Being a 2009 I presume it to be a Briggs & Stratton engine.
Most of these engines runs on 5-30 oil and the best would be synthetic oil.
Ok first by removing both wheels for any rust then lubricate the axles with grease, then the augers should be checked by removing both shear bolts ,(BTW make sure they are shear bolts) and rotate the augers on the shaft. If they are not rust jammed lubricate with grease and or good liquid lubricant as in Sea Foam, Fluid Film then reinstall shear bolts.
After this you set the blower standing forward to access the panel below.
Remove and again with grease and or lubricant the friction drive shaft, please be careful not to smear any lubricant to friction drive rubber and the round plate pulley behind, if however you smeared some just wipe clean with a rag with gas. Lubricate also the chain and sprocket with grease. When you first remove the panel you will see some small rubber debris, it is normal but clean it also. If you see a large amount check the friction disk rubber and the two v belts by removing the plastic cover at the front of the engine base. Lastly you should inspect the gear case in between the 2 augers at the front. You should see a Bolt that allows you when the snowblower is sitting normally to verify the gear oil level, if it drips slightly it is the correct level. On some gear case you might find grease with oil or grease alone, if you see quite a bit of both then you're ok.

At one point you should inquire about installing an impeller kit which helps greatly when you blow wet snow. Do a search for threads on these or ask away.

I think I covered the most important lubricant points. Try to download an operating manual from Ariens site, there might be some on this site.

Good luck as you have a good machine if properly looked after.

Snow Removal Apparatus I own:
Ariens ST1530DLE, and good ole arm powered scrapper.
The 15 HP is a new Ducar engine sold
by Princess Auto in Canada.

Last edited by Normex; 09-17-2014 at 09:25 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-18-2014, 02:00 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 3
I assume you have the B&S Engine? if so, 5w30 Full Synthetic will be just fine. I have an 09ish Deluxe 30 at one of my church buildings that is my favorite. It's a great unit. 1450 motor?
post #4 of 5 Old 09-18-2014, 02:02 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 3
While we are on this topic.. How would I know if my unit has been adjusted for the high altitude use? We are above 5000 ft here.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-18-2014, 07:41 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 84
Likes (Given): 218
Likes (Received): 134
Adam, welcome aboard! If you grab your S/N and model number, you can input it at Ariens's site and pull up various manuals. The engine manual is typically a separate publication from the engine mfr. Since the machine is so new, there should be no problem grabbing these items:

Ariens Order Owners Manuals

2014 Ariens 21" Path Pro 938030
2015 Ariens 24" SHO 921038 | poly skids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page