LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-29-2014, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 35
12V starter install

I think my next trick will be a 12V starter. My engine is a HM100 and I found these starter numbers: 36680 Tecumseh or 33-712 Oregon. Anyone familiar with this?

Second, I don't want to put in a fancy starter switch, just want to use a push button. Can I run the output of the onboard generator through a large diode so it doesn't backfeed and kill the battery when it's off?

'77 Ariens 924032 "Brick House" Re-Powered with a TEC 10HP and oversize auger pulley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-29-2014, 03:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 172
Likes (Received): 28
My model 924508 from 2002 came with a 12 volt starter and on-board battery. The wiring is quite different as it has a solenoid to activate the starter activated by a keyed switch similar to an automobile. You might want to study the wiring diagram on one of the many parts sites that have them or on Ariens.com itself. Use Serial Number 101 as starting with serial 4000 it is a different, 2004 model without key start. Good luck. I'm sure it can be done with enough effort. Maybe Jackmels can supply some of the needed parts.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-29-2014, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Come to think of it, there was a lighting thread a while back dealing with the fact that the TEC engines produce AC, not DC. That'll make things more fun....

'77 Ariens 924032 "Brick House" Re-Powered with a TEC 10HP and oversize auger pulley
post #4 of 4 Old 12-01-2014, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Looking it up there seems to be a diode and my stator (by model number) is listed as a DC stator. I had a friend scope the output and it was a sawtooth pattern between 30V and 40V which I guess could be attributed to a non-regulated open AC circuit with a diode?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page