Honda 928TA motor in need of adjustment? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-18-2015, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Honda 928TA motor in need of adjustment?

I have a 928TA that is brand new, when I advance the throttle past the 3/4 mark the motor starts to (what I would call) cough and just sound rough all together. I know there is a mod for high alt operators but I'm in Kansas so I don't think that's what I need. The one time I have used the blower this year I throttled back to that 3/4 mark so the engine would run smooth and then blew my snow, blower did ok just seamed to confirm I was not at full power as I think it could have thrown it further. Also I'm running standard 87 oct gas.

Does this sound like a spark plug gap issue or carb issue? If anyone else has had this issue please pass along the solution or point me in the direction of a thread addressing this.

Appreciate it guys!
GB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-18-2015, 05:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 225
Thanks (Received): 295
Likes (Given): 1888
Likes (Received): 668
if its new why not take it back to the dealer for service? some here may try to fix it but being new I'm not in that camp

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
post #3 of 5 Old 02-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Mac

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 2
It should be maintaning full power,sounds like an adjustment is needed? perhaps a cable or choke adjustment. Detdrbuzzard is correct take it to the dealer. do not try and fix it yourself.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-18-2015, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
I purchased it back in Oct and from an out of town Honda dealer so I hope my local Honda dealer will take a look at it & fix it for free.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-19-2015, 09:00 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 23
Thanks (Received): 282
Likes (Given): 40
Likes (Received): 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardbum115 View Post
I purchased it back in Oct and from an out of town Honda dealer so I hope my local Honda dealer will take a look at it & fix it for free.
All Honda dealers can make repairs to Honda equipment, and all dealers can submit a warranty claim to Honda as well. Does not matter if you bought a Honda from Dealer A, but then take it to Dealer B for repairs. If you registered your new machine with Honda, it will already be in the online warranty system that all Honda dealers can access. If you did NOT register, bring in proof-of-purchase and request the dealer to register it for you, and they can set the warranty start date to match the proof-of-purchase date.

A few other thoughts:

1. Customers who buy a machine from a dealer and then take it back to that dealer for service are usually put at the front of the line. Customers who bring in a machine they did not buy there are sometimes put at the back of the line. This really depends on the dealer, and how busy the shop may be at the time.

2. Honda's warranty for 2-stage machines is 36 months from date of purchase, and covers factory defects only. Your poor-running machine may be due to a dirty carburetor or other problem that is not a factory defect. If this is the case, you'd need to pay for the repairs.

3. Some dealers charge a diagnostic fee before doing any work. In the event the problem is a legit factory defect, they will credit the fee back to you. Not all shops do this, but ask in advance.

4. When taking the machine in for service, be sure the dealer's service manager knows to contact you and get your permission before doing any billable work.

- - -
[email protected]
Social Media Consigliere (retired)
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-23-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page