Big maintenance Day on Snowblowers and more - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 03-01-2015, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 48
Thanks (Received): 60
Likes (Given): 131
Likes (Received): 221
Garage
Big maintenance Day on Snowblowers and more

Since it did not snow this weekend, I took some time do catch up on maintenance of all of my yard equipment . . . 2 snow blowers, lawn mower, and a lawn vac.

My new Troy-Bilt 2410 snow blower: I pumped some more grease into the gear box. I changed the oil on it several weeks ago.

My old Toro 521 Snow Blower: I did a seafoam decarb by soaking the top end a couple of times through the spark plug hole. That seemed to help the valves a bit, but the piston still looks like it has a fair amount of build up.

Then I ran the engine at a moderate throttle and did some water decarb. Still a fair amount of buildup left on the piston. The valves look better.

I'm not sure if there is any thing more worth doing . . . the engine runs OK. So, I changed the oil and replaced the spark plug.

Troy-Bilt Mower (550 Briggs engine) and Troy-Bilt Lawn Vac (625 Briggs engine): I changed the oil on the summer/fall equipment - lawn mower and lawn vac. Probably should have change the oil sooner, as it looked pretty bad . . .

Anyway, the Toro 521 looks like it has got more life left. . . just need to fix the reverse gear. I wonder if there is anything else I can/should do to get more decarb without pulling the head off ?

Last edited by tpenfield; 03-02-2015 at 05:04 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes gsnod liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page