Snowblower Forum banner

More hours per year on snowblower than lawn mower

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  RedOctobyr 
#1 · (Edited)
I was adding up some numbers and...I think I run my snowblower more hours per year than my lawn mower or my lawn tractor :eek:

I think this may be the opposite of most folks on the forum...except maybe our Canadian brothers (and sisters), other northern tier users, Alaskans [some parts], Arctic dewllers and Siberian...huskies. :D

I love the summers here - they just can be a tad short. :(

*You might be able to tell I'm a Honda user as they spell snow blower as one word. :)

Sorry about all the smilies...can't help myself.

#2 ·
I was adding up some numbers and...I think I run my snowblower more hours per year than my lawn mower or my lawn tractor :eek:

I think this may be the opposite of most folks on the forum...except maybe our Canadian brothers (and sisters), other northern tier users, Alaskan [some parts], Arctic and Siberian...huskies. :D

I love the summers here - they just can be a tad short. :(

*You might be able to tell I'm a Honda user as they spell snow blower as one word. :)

Sorry about all the smilies...can't help myself.
Not for me, at least not this winter.:)

#5 · (Edited)
So strange because we're just about on the same parallel...those Alberta Clippers and Saskatchewan screamers :D ...and that there good size lake between us :cool:

I'm glad I do love a lot of clean snow without too many people...I don't know for how long I'll love it though. Maybe until the day they put me in the frozen ground :rolleyes: ...or toss me over the dunes :D ...that'll probaly depend on how good of condition I leave the snowblower in.

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog
#6 · (Edited)
Awww, you do sure have that right. I appreciate our state very much.

I always remember my dad saying he wanted to live where the Whip-or-wills nested in summer. He must have been referencing a partridge from Hungary, but after beating Hitler's forced conscription into the military (at 15), he was so thankful for this country and he fought hard for our freedom and I will always be greatful, and try not to take for granted what we have.

He wasn't into snow blowers though...just plow trucks :D He would approve of this statement. :D

#7 · (Edited)
Nope.. Not even here in Massachusetts. I'll use my lawnmower more hours in April/May/June (well, maybe not April so much this year as I expect there'll still be snow in the yard for most of it!) alone than I used my blower all season. Even with this past storm filled season. I figure May/June i'll have to mow twice a week @ 1.5 hours per mow (3 hours per week x 8 weeks = 24 hours). July/August every 10 days depending how hot and dry it gets, so 6 mows @ 1.5 hours each = another 9 hours. Then September/October, approx. another 8 mows @ 1.5 ea. = another 12 hours. So I figure I'll spend a total of about 40/45 hours mowing. I probably used the blower 6/7 times @ 2 hours each time = 12/15 hours total. So I guessing mow time will be triple that of blow time. on average :)

#8 ·
the weather over here on the southeast coast can be and usually is very different then what you get over on the left coast of Michigan jrom

#13 ·
Don't kid us PS93, you're itching for next years snow so you can unleash the "brothers" on it :D:D
You'll be done with the garage, the garden will be harvested and you'll have noting else to do ;)
Picked up seeds yesterday.

#14 ·
I blow 10,000 square feet and mow about 15,000 and I'm guessing it's a toss-up.

I probably average 2 hours of mowing through the season. plus fall leaf shredding and pickup with assorted mowers.

The smallest storms can be covered in just under 2 hours with big ones approaching 4 hours. Sometimes getting family in and out means some double coverage.

On a snowy winter like this one ending I'm thinking it's close to a toss-up. Other than variability in the summer doldrums dormancy the grass WILL grow and I will be moving on a weekly basis. So in general I think more hours are spent on mowing than blowing. Given the make-up of the fleet, the only thing that can tell a difference is my level of self abuse.:eek:

Pete

#15 ·
Blowing 10,000 SF? Yikes, that is a lot :eek: 2-4 hours?? Wow. My hat is off to you, sir.

I definitely put more hours on the lawn tractor than the snowblower. But, with that said, the season is probably the most hours I've put on the snowblower, and the hardest hours.

I really wish I'd had an hour meter installed for this season, that would have been interesting, as I don't know how many hours it actually was. Maybe for next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.