Help me find a thread. Rubber in between scraper bar and snowblower. - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-19-2015, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 32
Likes (Received): 13
Help me find a thread. Rubber in between scraper bar and snowblower.

Tis the season, almost.
Time to start getting in gear.

I can't find the thread now, but I believe a member here put a piece of rubber between their scraper bar and blower that would touch the pavement and save the scraper bar from wearing out.
Sounds like a interesting idea.
I would either like a link to the thread or link to where to buy this piece of rubber.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-19-2015, 08:55 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 132
Likes (Given): 200
Likes (Received): 283
Welcome chargin. Sounds like you have been lurking for a while, so way to get your first post out of the way.
I don't remember seeing a rubber scraper bar, but I made one of plastic. The machine hasn't been operable for a few years so I still don't know how well it works (if at all). This year though!
I do wish mine was 3/4 thick instead of 1/2 inch just because it is a very heavy blower.
Link
Hopefully someone will remember the thread you are talking about with the rubber version. I don't remember seeing it.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-20-2015, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 553
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 584
Likes (Received): 604
You're right, the season is getting close! Welcome to SBF. I don't remember the rubber scrapper bar thread myself, and I did a quick search using "rubber scrapper". I didn't find one, but then, I haven't looked at every single post that came up yet either.

I'm pretty much retired from the forum thing, but I check in every now and then.
post #4 of 7 Old 09-20-2015, 09:05 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 375
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 477
I know they make snownlower plows with a rubber edge (this is for use 2 stage blowers for light snowfalls or for slush).

They have a rubber edge for keeping the pavement from beig scratch.

I.M.A.C. Attachment SP 34 Slush Plow 34" Snow Blower Plow Blade Attachment

Also the discuss about this at a plowing forum

Steel Edge on a Concrete Driveway - Snow Plow Forum -*Let's Talk Snow Discussion Forums

The idea is the same.

What I will do is get some material (same as for an impeller kit) and install it on front of the scraper bade (if there is enough clearance) and adjust the scraper bar about 1/2" higher then the "rubber" strip. This will make the blower clean down to the pavement without leaving any marks. The dowside is that it will not scrape hard packed snow as the metal scraper would. Also you will have to use some plastic side skids for the same purpose.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-21-2015, 07:40 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 7
Not sure about the scraper … were you perhaps thinking about the high density polyethylene (HDPE) guys were adding to the skid shoes? A few of the members used a kitchen cutting board for the material.

Kindest
Kevin
Honda HS 1132

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-21-2015, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
Welcome to the forum Chargin.

Not sure about the rubber but have seen the threads on using HDPE (plastic cutting board) to make scrapers and skids.

The rubber idea is interesting as you could likely move the rubber closer or even against the ground and it wouldn't leave marks on your driveway from scarping or rust in your garage or storage area if it sat in a puddle.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-21-2015, 08:01 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 16
I had a rubber egde on my 10 foot plow that I used for the town I live in. It worked excellent and hardly wore at all in the same amount of time I would have had to put on at least a half dozen steel edges. The only difference is there was a lot of weight on the plow blade but I do like this idea so the snowblower doesn't stop when I hit a crack and hit me you know where.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page