Next post . . .
I did some measuring and figured that the paddles should extend from the edge of the impeller by about 3/8". So, I made a makeshift fixture to position the paddles on the blades for drilling of the bolt holes.
I had to remove the base of the discharge chute to get better access for drilling
Then I was able to drill the holes . . .
Here are the paddles installed.
The clearance on the bottom of the impeller housing looked OK.
But the clearance at the top of the housing was a bit tight.
So I did a bit of sanding to reduce the interference fit. and things looked OK. Here is the modified impeller with the discharge based re-installed. The clearance is much tighter.
So, I got the machine back together and thought that I would run it for a while to check things out and "break-in" the paddles.
I may have not provided enough clearance or something, because 2 of the 3 paddles fractured after a few minutes of running. I think part of the problem is that the rubber paddles are not fiber reinforced, so they are likely to fracture.
Perhaps I should get some reinforced rubber strips and replace the paddles . . .