Carb Dripping in Toro CCR Powerlite - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 12-18-2015, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 16
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Carb Dripping in Toro CCR Powerlite

So I had my snow blower in for a carb rebuild. When I got it back, I noticed it dripping whenever I over primed it or tipped it back. Today, I took the float and needle apart and cleaned it. It worked, but a few hours later when I tried it, it leaked about two drops. Is there anything that I should try or should I not worry about it?
ChicagoPowerlite is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 12-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,418
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 112
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPowerlite View Post
So I had my snow blower in for a carb rebuild. When I got it back, I noticed it dripping whenever I over primed it or tipped it back. Today, I took the float and needle apart and cleaned it. It worked, but a few hours later when I tried it, it leaked about two drops. Is there anything that I should try or should I not worry about it?
If you prime too much, it can leak. Also check the bowl to make sure they tightened it up properly. If its tight, might be the gasket on the bowl was damaged when they reassembled it. If you paid to have the work done, you should take it up with the shop who should make good on their work.

Work fascinates me.
I can watch somebody work for hours...
2008 Craftsman 944.528391 (It's a Husqvarna ST227P)
27", B&S 305cc 13.5 ft/lb Torque 9.5 hp
skutflut is online now  
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Kiss4aFrog liked this post
post #3 of 13 Old 12-18-2015, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator
 
Kiss4aFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 9,137
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
If it only drips with you try to start it (prime) that's considered normal. Try one less pump when you prime it.

If it's dripping while running or when sitting, engine off that's another story and something that can be and needs to be fixed.

.
Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kiss4aFrog is offline  
post #4 of 13 Old 12-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Yanmar Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Japan Alps
Posts: 791
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 97
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 81
Likes (Received): 398
Another thing, when the carb was rebuilt was the inside of the gas tank also cleaned? If there's any residual gunk in there it could be getting into the carb and messing with the seal on the float needle.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yanmar Ronin is online now  
post #5 of 13 Old 12-18-2015, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 16
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanmar Ronin View Post
Another thing, when the carb was rebuilt was the inside of the gas tank also cleaned? If there's any residual gunk in there it could be getting into the carb and messing with the seal on the float needle.
No I believe the mechanic just rebuilt the carb. How would you go about cleaning the tank?
ChicagoPowerlite is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 12-18-2015, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 16
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by skutflut View Post
If you prime too much, it can leak. Also check the bowl to make sure they tightened it up properly. If its tight, might be the gasket on the bowl was damaged when they reassembled it. If you paid to have the work done, you should take it up with the shop who should make good on their work.
It's leaking out of the vent. I'm thinking abound taking it there and make them finish it up right.
ChicagoPowerlite is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 12-19-2015, 12:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Yanmar Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Japan Alps
Posts: 791
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 97
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 81
Likes (Received): 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPowerlite View Post
No I believe the mechanic just rebuilt the carb. How would you go about cleaning the tank?
Well first you'd have a good look inside with a nice bright flashlight, and see if there was anything other than clean clear gas inside. Water will appeal like bubbles on the bottom of the tank. Any doubt, drain the gas into a clear container so you can see. Water/junk will settle to the bottom, gas will float on top. Is the gas in the tank fresh btw, or leftover? If it's old, get it out anyway.

Once you can determine if it's squeaky clean inside, or contaminated, then we'll know how to proceed.

That said if you paid someone to do the job it should have been done right, and a carb rebuild at a reputable shop should include making sure there's no further contamination upstream of the carb, including checking the tank... imo.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yanmar Ronin is online now  
post #8 of 13 Old 12-19-2015, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 16
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanmar Ronin View Post
Well first you'd have a good look inside with a nice bright flashlight, and see if there was anything other than clean clear gas inside. Water will appeal like bubbles on the bottom of the tank. Any doubt, drain the gas into a clear container so you can see. Water/junk will settle to the bottom, gas will float on top. Is the gas in the tank fresh btw, or leftover? If it's old, get it out anyway.

Once you can determine if it's squeaky clean inside, or contaminated, then we'll know how to proceed.

That said if you paid someone to do the job it should have been done right, and a carb rebuild at a reputable shop should include making sure there's no further contamination upstream of the carb, including checking the tank... imo.
I guess he did check the tank because it was clean at the bottom with clean, fresh 2 cycle fuel. So where do I go from here. I forgot to mention in my main post that's it's leaking from the vent hole. I only got worried when I tipped it back and got a few drops of gasoline.
ChicagoPowerlite is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 12-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Massachusetts and Maine
Posts: 792
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 27
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 42
CL
If you're "tipping" your snow blower, a few drips is normal. Also, as mentioned, the primer bulb will cause excess fuel to leak out...normal. If your machine is running correctly now, I would wait to see if the drips disappear. If the tank has a shutoff valve, always use it. If not, install one and use it. MH

1960 Ariens 45-10M
1961 Ariens 10M55
1977 Ariens 22000
1972 Ariens 10000
1990 Ariens ST724
1987 Toro 724
Murray Ultra 522
MTD Single stage
8 hp MTD hybrid plow
motorhead64 is offline  
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Kiss4aFrog liked this post
post #10 of 13 Old 12-19-2015, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 16
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead64 View Post
CL
If you're "tipping" your snow blower, a few drips is normal. Also, as mentioned, the primer bulb will cause excess fuel to leak out...normal. If your machine is running correctly now, I would wait to see if the drips disappear. If the tank has a shutoff valve, always use it. If not, install one and use it. MH
It doesn't drip while it's running so I guess I'm good.
ChicagoPowerlite is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome