LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 01-12-2016, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Unhappy Impeller making noise

My snowblower impeller is hitting bolt behind the impeller and making noise. It is a Husqvarna 200 series. Just wondering if I could bend it out a little to stop it. It is not wobbling. I did not hit anything so do not know why this happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-12-2016, 03:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 196
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 250
There could be a rock stuck in there. The impeller could have bent. You might have hit something and didn't even know it. There might be some bearings/bushings/thrust washers somewhere that have worn enough to make the impeller loose. The culprit bolt (impeller bearing mount?) might have worked itself loose as well. There might be a shear bolt on the impeller that broke and the impeller slid back.

Please direct all snow blower questions to the forums and not to me with PMs.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Kiss4aFrog, jrom liked this post
post #3 of 11 Old 01-12-2016, 05:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 112
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostboy38 View Post
My snowblower impeller is hitting bolt behind the impeller and making noise. It is a Husqvarna 200 series. Just wondering if I could bend it out a little to stop it. It is not wobbling. I did not hit anything so do not know why this happened.
Don't bend the impeller blades. You need to check the things mentioned in Shyrp's post.

Worst cast, split the machine and take a peak at the rear of the impeller housing, behind the pulley and see if the bearing is worn out. You MIGHT have a couple of shear pins, side by side in the impeller blade, which can be seen from the front of the machine, going thru the impeller shaft.

Take a look and see if they are there, and if so, that both of them have the heads and nuts still there. If you find two holes, and no bolt heads or nuts, then they are probably both broken. Your manual probably has a picture of them and a part number.

Work fascinates me.
I can watch somebody work for hours...
2008 Craftsman 944.528391 (It's a Husqvarna ST227P)
27", B&S 305cc 13.5 ft/lb Torque 9.5 hp
post #4 of 11 Old 01-12-2016, 05:59 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 278
^^ Good counsel there. I bet you find it's one of the above.

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 01-12-2016 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling
post #5 of 11 Old 01-13-2016, 07:54 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 485
Thanks (Received): 353
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1169
ALOHA from the paradise city. here in the true frozen tundra.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 11 Old 01-25-2017, 12:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by skutflut View Post
Don't bend the impeller blades. You need to check the things mentioned in Shyrp's post.

Worst cast, split the machine and take a peak at the rear of the impeller housing, behind the pulley and see if the bearing is worn out. You MIGHT have a couple of shear pins, side by side in the impeller blade, which can be seen from the front of the machine, going thru the impeller shaft.

Take a look and see if they are there, and if so, that both of them have the heads and nuts still there. If you find two holes, and no bolt heads or nuts, then they are probably both broken. Your manual probably has a picture of them and a part number.
I am having a similar problem, but I know what the problem is - I sucked up a piece of wood and the impeller bent. I can see where it is, I just can't get to it to bend it back and would also love some assistance. I've seen other posts but they start after the point I need help. I have a Husqvarna ST227P that I bought last year. I have split it in half but I don't know how to remove the impeller pulley to remove the impeller shaft and subsequently the impeller so I can straighten the bent piece or replace the impeller. Any help on how to take the impeller pulley off would be greatly appreciated!
post #7 of 11 Old 01-25-2017, 04:38 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 342
Thanks (Received): 107
Likes (Given): 1036
Likes (Received): 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHsnow View Post
...I have a Husqvarna ST227P that I bought last year. I have split it in half but I don't know how to remove the impeller pulley to remove the impeller shaft...

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/ja...ing-impeller-3

Honda HS828TAS (1991) Made in Japan with Thai built GX240
Honda HSS1332ATD (Late-2015) Made in USA with Thai built GX390

180" to a rare 350" of snow per year (Alberta Clippers & Lake Michigan), 644' gravel driveway, 2 vehicle parking areas, 500' of trails around small house with an unheated garage.

Last edited by jrom; 01-25-2017 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Added screen capture image.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-25-2017, 05:41 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 278
You have to pull the pulley off the shaft (it's keyed). Sometimes they can be really rusted/stuck so don't bend the pulley trying it. Use lube and heat if needed....... don't beat on it either because the gears in the case are easily broken...... patience is a must. youtube has videos that will help

I am deathly allergic to shovels!

post #9 of 11 Old 01-25-2017, 06:26 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 38
Thanks (Received): 81
Likes (Given): 39
Likes (Received): 179
Garage
NHsnow, post up where your located as im sure folks here will help you. Im located in MA near the Hudson NH border, id gladly help you in your repair.

Ariens 24" 910962 7HP
Ariens 24" 924117 Modified Pro 342cc / 15.50 GT.. Currently Under Construction and testing trials commenced .......
Ariens 32" 924044 Modified Pro 342cc / 16.50 GT
Ariens / Troy Bilt 36" Frankenblower 16HP
~~ And Lastly ~~
Ariens 32" 924??? Double auger & impeller 14HP v-twin BEAST !!!
Plans are being drafted, parts are accumulating in the pile......
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes jrom liked this post
post #10 of 11 Old 01-25-2017, 08:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 342
Thanks (Received): 107
Likes (Given): 1036
Likes (Received): 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad69cat View Post
You have to pull the pulley off the shaft (it's keyed). Sometimes they can be really rusted/stuck so don't bend the pulley trying it. Use lube and heat if needed....... don't beat on it either because the gears in the case are easily broken...... patience is a must. youtube has videos that will help
I should've known. The parts breakdown don't show the pulley fastener. Thanks. Trying to find a youtube video.

Honda HS828TAS (1991) Made in Japan with Thai built GX240
Honda HSS1332ATD (Late-2015) Made in USA with Thai built GX390

180" to a rare 350" of snow per year (Alberta Clippers & Lake Michigan), 644' gravel driveway, 2 vehicle parking areas, 500' of trails around small house with an unheated garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page