Craftsman 9 Hp 29 in circa 2003 green paint match - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 01-26-2016, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 161
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 571
Craftsman 9 Hp 29 in circa 2003 green paint match

Greetings friends ....I just scored a MTD Craftsman today that needed roll pins in the auger shaft....all fixed, but would like to touch up the dark green paint that it is painted with stock.......any suggestions so I don't have to trial and error this project?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 553
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 584
Likes (Received): 604

Hopefully one of our members will have the answer for you on a color code. How do you plan to repaint it? Rattle can, or something a little hardier?

I'm pretty much retired from the forum thing, but I check in every now and then.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-26-2016, 08:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 44
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 50
I haven't seen any paints that match. And the touch up paint from MTD is over $20 a can. That paint has metallic and most greens of that shade are non-metallic.

Ariens ST11528LE
Honda HS720
post #4 of 11 Old 01-27-2016, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
MTD green

is the MTD color available in rattle can? How do I go about accessing it?
post #5 of 11 Old 01-28-2016, 12:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Received): 20
The Craftsman Polo Green you are looking for is paint code 0689. The Paint to order from Sears Parts is 150020. It is the proper metallic shade and you can't tell what was painted and what was original powdercoat if you apply it properly. These codes/paint were from 1999 Craftsman, but I am pretty sure there is only one Polo Green they used until they stopped using it.

Hopefully this is a machine you are keeping.

I REALLY hate all the snowblower flipping that is done, since in a lot of cases people just paint over rust and the buyers a lot of times have no clue what they are buying and in some cases people end up getting something that should have been junked. ie, the flipper gets the snowblower for cheap because the original owner knows how bad it is, then they fix one or two things and throw some paint on it and tries to make way more out of it than the machine is worth. Certainly more than the hour or two they put into it.

Sad, truely, sad. Almost as bad as used-car flippers.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-28-2016, 01:18 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 92
Likes (Given): 446
Likes (Received): 148
nothing i sell used is junk, everything i sell comes with a 90 day warranty excluding the fuel system, belts, and gearbox. i always give buyers the opportunity to test machines before they buy them and if they have any problems i make sure the buyer is aware of the issues the machine may have. just because someone flips equipment and try to make a few bucks doesnt mean im trying to rip you off
post #7 of 11 Old 01-28-2016, 04:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 64
Likes (Given): 204
Likes (Received): 139
150020 cross references to Husqvarna #582974901

It's an exact match to the Craftsman green. I bought my can through repairclinic.com because it was cheaper than ordering through Sears, but they missed the delivery date by a mile because it was out of stock when I ordered and they kept pushing back the estimated delivery date.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 11 Old 01-29-2016, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Flipper

Well Dennis....guilty as charged! I'll drive up to an hour each way, pay up to $100 for a blower that the owner was told by their small engine mechanic that it is not worth fixing, put the poor machine on the operating table,replace belts, bearings,shave plate, skids, carburator etc. as needed, adjust the transmission (on a powershift completely rebuild as that was why it was junked), totally service with new oil, sparkplug,top off auger gear oil, every wear point gets litium grease. I then sand down the rusty parts of the machine if any....use rust converter.....then repaint with two coats. I cover the paint all over with clearcoat. Then I sit on the machine for months until the last minute some one NEEDS a machine cause the blizzard is coming tomorrow. Then I sell it for $250-$350. Some machines I have four hours into, some ten or more......and some I keep! I'm still deciding on the Craftsman....it wll be my first MTD and I'd kind of like to try one first hand. Don't think of me as a flipper....that is so judgemental...think of me as a snowblower emergency room surgeon. Thanks for the paint tip my friend!
post #9 of 11 Old 01-30-2016, 08:10 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Received): 20
Honestly, I have no problem with people getting something, putting time/energy/money into it and then selling it and being compensated for thier efforts.

I do have a problem with people taking advantage of others. Be it the guy that knows that the fix is a trivial part, yet allows the person selling to believe the line of BS from the repair shop, just to get a "deal", or the guy that goes ahead and does the minimum to get the max profit (ie, putting lipstick on a pig).

If you are honest, honorable, hard working, and can honestly say (and know) you are doing right by and helping others and that is your intent, then all the more power to you, and I wish you luck and prosperity in all your endeavors.

There is far too much of people preying upon others in this day and age. And there seems to be less and less of honest talented people with the capabilities to actually help others willing to lend a hand.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-30-2016, 09:16 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 44
Likes (Received): 50
I buy & sell, also. Most of the time people really don't know and or understand all of the things wrong with the broken machine they're selling. I I take a gamble most of the time, on what I'm buying. Because most all don't known. And all I have to go on, is a pull on the starter cord, to see if the motor has compression. But that isn't a sure fire check for all that can be wrong, which I have found out. As my neighbor puts it, "I'm saving things from the junk yard".

If a machine is a bit of a rust bucket, I price it accordingly. It may not be the prettiest machine, but they are getting it at a decent price. And it's better than shoveling.

Ariens ST11528LE
Honda HS720
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page