post #1 of 6 Old 02-24-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
AL-

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 29
same machines with different buckets

I have two 924040 large wheel 24" Ariens with different buckets - one is older style teardrop with cast iron gear case. All the parts diagrams are for the more modern style bucket. My question is can I buy parts for the teardrop bucket using an older machine parts diagram ie. 924028 which has teardrop bucket diagram.
Both 924040 internal tractor parts seem to be the same. The serial no. differ.
Teardrop bucket 924040 SN 008489
Modern bucket 924040 SN 013446

Thanks for any info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-24-2016, 02:32 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 118
Thanks (Received): 277
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 633
It's enough to make me curious, at least: are you sure that both buckets are original to the machines? Any chance that the model & serial info on the tractor half of the machine has become misleading because someone transplanted a bucket on one of them?
post #3 of 6 Old 02-24-2016, 02:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 102
Thanks (Received): 159
Likes (Given): 319
Likes (Received): 632
What parts do you need? I most likely have them. PM if interested.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-24-2016, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 336
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL- View Post
My question is can I buy parts for the teardrop bucket using an older machine parts diagram ie. 924028 which has teardrop bucket diagram.
Probably yes..
but the buckets themselves should have individual model and serial numbers, indpendant from the snowblower..

Model number 924040 is the model number of the "tractor unit" only (and its used as the model number of the snowblower as a whole)

but in this case, model 924040 is fairly irrelevant, because you are only concerned about the buckets..

I have no trouble believeing that two model 924040 snowblwoers could have the two bucket styles..and both buckets could be original..because that is right at the transition years (1978-1979) between the two bucket types..So its totally plausable that an "earlier" 924040 would have the earlier bucket, and a "later" 924040 would have the later bucket..and your 924040 serial numbers support that theory.

1978 model 924027:

1979 model 924040:

but yes... its 90% likely that the parts diagram for the 924028 will be identical to your teardrop bucket..I might even say 99% likely..if you could find a model number on the side of teardrop bucket, that would be helpful though..

scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-24-2016, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
AL-

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscotsman View Post
Probably yes..
but the buckets themselves should have individual model and serial numbers, indpendant from the snowblower..

Model number 924040 is the model number of the "tractor unit" only (and its used as the model number of the snowblower as a whole)

but in this case, model 924040 is fairly irrelevant, because you are only concerned about the buckets..

I have no trouble believeing that two model 924040 snowblwoers could have the two bucket styles..and both buckets could be original..because that is right at the transition years (1978-1979) between the two bucket types..So its totally plausable that an "earlier" 924040 would have the earlier bucket, and a "later" 924040 would have the later bucket..and your 924040 serial numbers support that theory.

1978 model 924027:

1979 model 924040:

but yes... its 90% likely that the parts diagram for the 924028 will be identical to your teardrop bucket..I might even say 99% likely..if you could find a model number on the side of teardrop bucket, that would be helpful though..

scot
Thanks! scot
The bucket has been painted over a little deeper red than original. Should I be looking for a stamped in no. on the sides? I've got it separated from the tractor so I can roll it around fairly easily and sand off paint etc. The belt going to the auger is shorter, but that may be the only parts difference needed to combine the older teardrop design ?

Last edited by AL-; 02-24-2016 at 05:44 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-24-2016, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 336
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 767
Al,
the serial number for the bucket is normally somewhere on the side of the bucket..I have never heard of numbers stamped into a bucket.

The serial number for the snowblower itself is at the rear of the machine, usually also on a tag, and also sometimes stamped into the frame..

these photos are from the earlier 10,000 series, but the tag locations are the same for your machines:

Here is the 924028 manual, this is the probably the same manual you were referring to:

http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/24282.pdf

again, im very convinced this would match your bucket..its quite likely its even your *actual* bucket! but without a number from your bucket, we cant be 100% sure..only 90% to 99% sure!

Scot

Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks AL- thanked for this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page