LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 01-03-2017, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 3
Ariens Deluxe 30" EFI (921049)

Holy Kamole! This is one awesome machine. My tests are 3 different days of about 38" accumulative of snow fluffy/wet. Pics attached below of first run with about 16" on the ground, also post assembly.

I am not one of those guys that types out a mile long page but I had a hard time resourcing information on this machine (921049). Figured I would pass forward. Spoke with many friends and family that have owned all other competitors but I wanted to purchase one with the best reputation, support, and overall performance for moving snow. After all who want to be out there finicking with a machine in the cold.

Pros:
-Auto turn makes this thing a breeze! Wife was using after very simple walk-through.
-Starting, can u say easy.. electric or pull is one crank/pull and ur off.
-Heated hand grips, I do bare hands, nice with a smaller driveway I am not out for hours, it def keeps em from freezing.
-Snow throwing distance, cleaned up some mid/fully stuff on full tilt and was lobbing a good 70ft
-Power/TQ, it seems to punch through everything, i went through a 28" pile on full power and it bogged a little but never hesitated. (With 6 forward gears obviously i take it down to 3 for bigger piles)
-Color/style is one of my favorites that I see, not important to some but I like the Aesthetics of the machine.
-Assembly went together smooth, no issues following instructions
-Fuel economy. 0.3 gallon tank, i have used for maybe 1 hour full power and have about a 2/3 tank left.
-Weight, though heavy at like 257lbs it makes for a solid machine and feels rigid, I like the stability.
-Tires, with weight and grip of these tires i have had zero problems in snow, obviously ice is another ball of wax.

Cons:
-Tank: I wish it had the bigger tank, but I am hoping to see a longer duration in use due to the fuel eco.
-Light: just plain terrible. In darky/snowy conditions you cant see anything. Its more to see the cute direction or to refuel i suppose ( today I ordered a bunch of parts to build an elaborate LED lighting system.)
-Skids, many users agree get the poly skids. Way nicer on smooth or exposed agg concrete. I wish i would have never installed the factory ones. Thinking about making wheels for it...
-Power knob, its so easy to turn, like zero resistance or notches, its easily bumped, or i can see if you ran for a long time it could vibrate and change setting.

Honestly I really love this machine, id buy it all over again, granted I have only used 4 times, but I am impressed by the build quality, the EFI consistency, and overall experience using the machine. I am looking forward to the maintenance aspect of the machine and not fussing with carb'd systems. I also have not experienced any issues with the auto turn system. It is a pretty neat system, I never feel fatigued or like I am fighting the machine.

I plan on updating this thread with mods and changes as they come about. I am excited to join the SBF and talk shop I appreciate all the members here that have been a great resource for many years. Tons of information here and its cool to be a part of it. Hopefully some can find this useful.

Looking forward to more conversations!

Pics attached below of first run with about 16" on the ground, also post assembly.

------

Post Thanks / Like - 3 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks cranman, uberT, z28lt1 thanked for this post
Likes JD in NJ, Strato, CVNY liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-03-2017, 05:26 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 63
Thanks (Received): 112
Likes (Given): 500
Likes (Received): 226
Wow, nice pics and post.

2016 Ariens Professional 28
2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks cranman thanked for this post
post #3 of 17 Old 01-03-2017, 08:13 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 35
Likes (Received): 14
Thanks for the review! When I decided to get a new blower this year I went with the standard Deluxe 30 rather than the EFI one, based largely on cost... But it was a near thing. This is one of those decisions where I second, third and fourth-guess myself for months on end.
post #4 of 17 Old 01-03-2017, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
Wow, nice pics and post.
Thanks! I dont rate or review half the cool toys I buy, but I couldnt keep my mouth shut or fingers at bay. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD in NJ View Post
Thanks for the review! When I decided to get a new blower this year I went with the standard Deluxe 30 rather than the EFI one, based largely on cost... But it was a near thing. This is one of those decisions where I second, third and fourth-guess myself for months on end.
JD, you bet! glad to give some contrast to see whats really worth buying. Though from what I have read its hard to go wrong down the Ariens road. I have seen this advertised at local dealers for 2K, I sourced mine from a online dealer at the $1699 price point. Shipped to the door. You can PM me for details if you want. I am a handyman of sorts and have no problem dissecting the system and repairing anything that needs attention. In general the warranty covers the failure on system, obviously not abuse. I am fine with that given Ariens reputation and US made products. Not saying foreign products arent good, but seems to be getting worse and worse as we venture into a throw away world with cars, small engine tools, and even snow blowers. (hopefully i will have this bad boy for many years to come.)

I have kicked myself in the arse many times later for choosing cost over features, but in the grand scheme of things, marketing the technology is a added cost and you will pay for it. Some like to think the simpler it is the better maintenance it will be. Ariens seems to have been in the EFI game for some time, but I think time will tell if it truly lasts and as care free as promised. Bleeding edge is expensive, but the Ariens name, I surely doubt you will be disappointed in the model you have. It was my 3rd choice behind the SHO models, but I dont live in an area to justify more power. GL with your machine and thanks for the kind words.
post #5 of 17 Old 01-03-2017, 09:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 22
Nice Review!

Great job on this review. I like the "bullet point" format.

The pics are also excellent.

Your's is the first review I've read on the EFI Deluxe 30.

This year I purchased the EFI Platinum 24. If I had a larger driveway, I would probably also have gone for the EFI Deluxe 30.

Like you, I went with the poly skids - which seem to work well. I never tried the metal skids.

I haven't noticed an issue with the light. But, I've also not yet used the machine in snowy conditions.

I like everything on my machine that you seem to like about yours, especially Autoturn - a great concept.

In my view, the extra $300 for EFI was well worth it. I love the ease of starting, plus never a worry about carb-gumming.

I'll soon forget about the $300, but will enjoy the EFI for (hopefully) decades.
post #6 of 17 Old 01-03-2017, 09:59 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 98
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 242
Likes (Received): 140
Verium, welcome aboard, and thanks for the nice write up. I'm always interested in hearing more user experiences with this newest (EFI) technology.

2014 Ariens 21" Path Pro 938030
2015 Ariens 24" SHO 921038 | poly skids
post #7 of 17 Old 01-03-2017, 11:23 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 101
Thanks (Received): 76
Likes (Given): 327
Likes (Received): 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberT View Post
Verium, welcome aboard, and thanks for the nice write up. I'm always interested in hearing more user experiences with this newest (EFI) technology.
I am a Toro guy but I do respect honest reviews from people that have used the product. A huge plus :good job, when it comes to new technology.

2014,TORO 1128 OXE Power Max HD
post #8 of 17 Old 01-06-2017, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberT View Post
Thanks uberT, you bet glad to help. I am definitley happy with this unit, got a few more days of use, and not really any further complaints. In fact the wife has to tell me to stop going out and doing the lawn, and the neighbors driveways. I really am just looking for an excuse to use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strato View Post
Great job on this review. I like the "bullet point" format.

The pics are also excellent.

Your's is the first review I've read on the EFI Deluxe 30.

This year I purchased the EFI Platinum 24. If I had a larger driveway, I would probably also have gone for the EFI Deluxe 30.

Like you, I went with the poly skids - which seem to work well. I never tried the metal skids.

I haven't noticed an issue with the light. But, I've also not yet used the machine in snowy conditions.

I like everything on my machine that you seem to like about yours, especially Autoturn - a great concept.

In my view, the extra $300 for EFI was well worth it. I love the ease of starting, plus never a worry about carb-gumming.

I'll soon forget about the $300, but will enjoy the EFI for (hopefully) decades.
Glad I could give some good contrast. Yeah 300$ isnt much to think about. I ran like 2 hours full tilt on one tank of gas, That doesnt say much considering this machine calc altimeter, baro, humidity, and overall oxygen levels for the most precise fuel stoichiometry. I am impressed it doesnt miss a beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky View Post
I am a Toro guy but I do respect honest reviews from people that have used the product. A huge plus :good job, when it comes to new technology.
I am somewhat a sucker for technology, working in a technical field, I sometimes grab the tools hook, line, and sinker. Often it proves to be a pain in the arse, in this case I think it was well worth it.

I am working on the lighting system currently, wife is at work so its in the middle of the living room
post #9 of 17 Old 01-06-2017, 07:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 35
Likes (Received): 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeRium View Post
Thanks uberT, you bet glad to help. I am definitley happy with this unit, got a few more days of use, and not really any further complaints. In fact the wife has to tell me to stop going out and doing the lawn, and the neighbors driveways. I really am just looking for an excuse to use it!

Glad I could give some good contrast. Yeah 300$ isnt much to think about. I ran like 2 hours full tilt on one tank of gas, That doesnt say much considering this machine calc altimeter, baro, humidity, and overall oxygen levels for the most precise fuel stoichiometry. I am impressed it doesnt miss a beat.

I am somewhat a sucker for technology, working in a technical field, I sometimes grab the tools hook, line, and sinker. Often it proves to be a pain in the arse, in this case I think it was well worth it.

I am working on the lighting system currently, wife is at work so its in the middle of the living room
What are you doing with the lighting? I went ahead, took a gamble, and just plugged in an LED replacement fog bulb that actually seems to be working. I figure if it goes out I'll snip the wires and build the needed rectifier/capacitor circuitry but so far so good. It seems bright and flicker-free to me.
post #10 of 17 Old 12-20-2017, 10:02 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeRium View Post
Ariens seems to have been in the EFI game for some time, but I think time will tell if it truly lasts and as care free as promised.
I am debating between the platinum 24 sho EFI and the same model (non EFI) version. Just the platinum 24 sho.

This may be a silly question, but I donít have power in my shed and want to know if the battery dies completely in the EFI model will the unit still start? Donít want to run an extension core in ge dead of winter in order to use the blower!

Would really appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page