post #1 of 12 Old 03-02-2017, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Garage
Add pictures

Hi, i read instruction to "how upload pictures" In theses instructions, it is said....Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.
Well, this choice did not exist in my User Control Panel. Do i miss something ? (i am logged, but not "premium")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-02-2017, 04:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 132
Likes (Given): 197
Likes (Received): 283
That path works for me. It's probably one of those things that require a user to have 10 posts first.
They introduced these newb limitations here a short while back in an attempt to keep spammers at bay.
I wish they'd rethink this as they end up discouraging new members and they don't stick around.
Just post a few more times and you will have access to these features.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-02-2017, 05:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 180
Likes (Received): 41
ya you have to have a certain number of posts .
post #4 of 12 Old 03-02-2017, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Garage
Thank you all. You are right. I am a new user. Instructions about this choice should be easily found on the blog especially for newcomers.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-01-2017, 08:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
I'm a new user too, I hope to be able to post pictures soon :-)
post #6 of 12 Old 09-01-2017, 08:59 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 99
Thanks (Received): 50
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 77
Are you certain that there's a 10 post restriction? Or are your pictures too big?
I can't say for certain if there is a 10 post restriction or not.

Doesn't make much sense to have a 10 post requirement.
I would just post 10 consecutive times onto a thread called "Ignore me.. I'm just posting 10 times" and Bingo! Problem solved.
Meanwhile everything gets cluttered up with sets of 10 bogus posts! Weird restriction IMO.
Why not ask Administrator if she'll confirm the assumption and explain the logic of that and maybe even switch the policy.

Maybe some spammers were posting ads for selling time-shares in Florida or something.
But even then ... after their 10th spam attempt they'd be good to go. So I still don't get it.

Admins should see this thread pretty soon and respond so stand by for their response.

You can also avoid the image restriction by using google photos as discussed here:
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/1270017-post6.html

Last edited by unknown1; 09-02-2017 at 09:03 AM.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Let it snow

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 102
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 46
Garage
Hey guys,

Once you reach 5 posts, you have access to creating your albums. Let us know if you are still experiencing issues with this once you've surpassed the required post count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart80112 View Post
Are you certain that there's a 10 post restriction? Or are your pictures too big?
I can't say for certain if there is a 10 post restriction or not.

Doesn't make much sense to have a 10 post requirement.
I would just post 10 consecutive times onto a thread called "Ignore me.. I'm just posting 10 times" and Bingo! Problem solved.
Meanwhile everything gets cluttered up with sets of 10 bogus posts! Weird restriction IMO.
Why not ask Administrator if she'll confirm the assumption and explain the logic of that and maybe even switch the policy.
These meaningless posts will not count towards your required posts and will be removed. You may also get infractions for this as well.

It is being discussed to have a sticky up in the new members section about the required 5 post rule for albums. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie

If you need admin support please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 99
Thanks (Received): 50
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hey guys,
Once you reach 5 posts, you have access to creating your albums. Let us know if you are still experiencing issues with this once you've surpassed the required post count.
These meaningless posts will not count towards your required posts and will be removed. You may also get infractions for this as well.
It is being discussed to have a sticky up in the new members section about the required 5 post rule for albums. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Cheers,
Natalie
But you get the point right?
One post to say "Hello I am a new member", then another 4 posts possibly saying "Welcome" to some other new members, or making some passing comment somewhere like "Does anyone like Ariens?" just to get the count up. I expect this happens a lot.
EDIT: Or even funnier... One post saying "Hello" and then 4 posts trying to find out why they can't post images... and a final one to say.... "Don't bother.. it's working now" ;-)

Last edited by unknown1; 09-05-2017 at 12:34 PM.
post #9 of 12 Old 09-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Let it snow

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 102
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 46
Garage
Hey stuart80112,

The reason there is a post count needed is to prevent spammers from posting all over the site, if it is isolated to one spot we easily can remove the spammed post. They usually give up after a couple of attempts and only the members who actually want to be on the site move on to full privileges if that make sense.

Thank you,

~ Glenda

If you need admin support please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-08-2017, 09:55 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 98
Thanks (Received): 151
Likes (Given): 287
Likes (Received): 598
Go Here...https://postimages.org/ upload your image and once uploaded, there will be a "hotlink for Forums" Copy the code and paste in in your Thread. Problem Solved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in