LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 01-06-2018, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 31
2018 Blizzard Contest! 3 $50 Gift cards

Help a Neighbor in the blizzard contest!

Lets do this again! I'm buying 3 $50 gift cards.

When I hear a big snow is coming I absolutely canít wait, I love the deep stuff and canít wait to get out in it. Iím sure most of you feel the same way. However we all have neighbors that may be older or not in prime health that struggle when it snows. We can help. Most of us probably already help out those around us. Those donít count. Especially in this snow, we can do more. So letís have a contest!

Contest Rules:
1) 1) Post a snow storm-related picture. It may be of the snow, your snowblower, your kids or dog or you playing in the snow. Or a picture of a cup of hot chocolate while you ride out the storm inside. Any photo will do!

2) 2) When you post the picture, youíre PROMISING to help someone else out during this storm THAT YOU DONíT NORMALLY HELP OUT. If you normally help 2 people out, those donít count. Itís the third person you help out that counts. Look around your neighborhood. Identify someone who struggles. Plow/snowblower/shovel them out. Check back later and do it again if needed. It can be someone you know, or a totally random house where youíve noticed someone elderly struggling in the past. It actually a lot of fun to do a random persons house. If youíve got kids, get them involved. Have them drive around and help choose the house and all of you can shovel them out as a family. If you've got a truck, keep a tow strap out on the seat! Help someone jump start their car.

On Jan 31st Iíll write the number of each post on a piece of paper, throw them in a hat, and RANDOMLY draw 3 numbers out. Those 3 people will each get a $50 gift card from their choice of either Home Depot or Menards, or Lowes.

BUT I DON'T HAVE SNOW! What do I do? Can I still participate?
YES! Help someone out in some way. Go out of your way to help someone. Post here with some picture of some kind, and you are entered!

Lets see those pictures!
Bob Sayre
Owner
Snowblowerskids.com
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Blackstar liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-06-2018, 11:34 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 109
Likes (Given): 107
Likes (Received): 252
I will have to get pics of the area but this last storm I out did myself, Can't help it I was having fun. I usually clear the EOD for my neighbor and he clears the rest, But this was a pretty nasty storm for conditions, He is usually out when I am clearing but he was smarter than me and stayed in the warm, So I figured I would just clear his drive so I got mine then his as they are side be side actually connected running up the property line, Only part I didn't get to is his garage in the back of his house but that's because the next part of my adventure. Anyhow the plow pile was real dense and heavy and not just any snow blower was going to get through it and the plows pretty much buried the sidewalks so I topped off the fuel and got my 10 HP beast and started fight of the sidewalk as we get fines if we do not clear them, Well I started going right out of the drive in front of my house and my beast was struggling which is rare but she just couldn't seem to get a good bit in, So we crept forward and back taking it in layers as I seen the opposing neighbor getting his blower out getting ready for the fight, Then suddenly she just starts chewing into it like a hungry wolverine rolling forward with authority throwing a good 40 ft into my yard, As I get to the end of my property the Neighbor looked on with amazement at the machine and as she was going with such authority I just didn't want to stop her and cleared right across the front of his house as I know his much smaller craftsman blower would not have the ability. As I got to his drive he comes up and shakes my hand thanking me, I told him she was going strong so I just kept going, So turned and continued the path back to the elderly neighbors house next to mine and when getting to the end of his property I see the next neighbor that was newer moving in about a yr and a half ago trying to start his blower he just got last winter, Younger guy. Needless to say he left it sitting since last winter with untreated gas and there was no getting that thing running, I stopped to see if I could get it running but that was not happening, He asked if he could borrow or pay me to do his, I told him not to worry and cleared is drive as he shoveled off his stairs. Will be heading out to salt the sidewalk as it is all ice now and will get pics of the icy wasteland I call home. Then going to do some work on the young guys blower to get it running for the next snow fall.

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
Likes Grunt liked this post
post #3 of 7 Old 01-06-2018, 02:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 1645
Likes (Received): 580
we haven't had much snow since Christmas eve, does the 15 I helped out Christmas day count

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
post #4 of 7 Old 01-16-2018, 10:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 109
Likes (Given): 107
Likes (Received): 252
Well a phone crash and lost the photos but none the less I fixed one of the neighbors snow blowers and he fed me LOL Well his wife made me cookies anyway since I would not accept money from him, Still need to get the other neighbors blower going. But anyway, Lets get this thread to the top of the list and lets all get out there and help someone in need out and post up. Snowblowerskids puts this up every year in hopes of having us all help out someone less fortunate than us and offers some nice prizes for doing it. I don't care if I get the prize as I do like to help out my neighbors and it gives me a excuse to play in the snow but YAY if I win but hope YOU ALL can enter this and helped someone out. So lets get this rolling and NO I get nothing for posting this. We have snow on the way so get helping someone out and take pics.

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-16-2018, 10:32 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 656
Thanks (Received): 166
Likes (Given): 1028
Likes (Received): 1066
Garage
we have had little to no snow this winter but i did give away 3 snowblowers to people in need the last couple months. one was a toro , one an ariens , and one honda.

no evidence cept my word.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #6 of 7 Old 02-18-2018, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 31
Sorry it's taken so long to get this done, it's been a rough few months for our family. But! This morning names were all thrown in a hat. The three randomly chosen winners are:
Orangputeh
Dauntae
Detdrbuzzard
Thanks to everyone for participating, and helping someone out! To the three that won, can you please PM me and let me know your name/address and preference (HD/Menards/Lowes). Thanks!
--Bob
Likes dbert liked this post
post #7 of 7 Old 02-18-2018, 04:48 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 216
Congrats to all of the winners. They are all frequent, and valuable contributors to this forum. If they hadn't won, I was "thinking": of giving them a gift certificate ! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page