LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 09-20-2017, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 348
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1142
Question Spiders or other Bugs.

As most of you may or may not know I remodeled my garage awhile back. and the spider webs are driving me Bonkers. I can knock them down and a day later they are back. has anybody used something like this to get rid of spiders or whatever else is bugging you???????

and if you have do they work??????????

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 09-20-2017, 10:10 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 238
Thanks (Received): 280
Likes (Given): 2842
Likes (Received): 527
Hello Todd, I have recently started using this stuff and it "seems" to be working. Haven't had it long enough to report on long time results.

Toro 8/24 (38080) 1989
Toro 721-QZR (38743) 2015 (Hemi Predator Power)
Toro 421-E (38585) 2008 (New Owner)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks POWERSHIFT93 thanked for this post
post #3 of 25 Old 09-20-2017, 04:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 109
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0048...ymL&ref=plSrch
I've been using permethin 36.8 percent from Amazon. Got the tip from an exterminator and this bottle goes a long way. It is concentrated so water must be added. About 2 oz per gallon depending on application. Pretty safe and extremely effective. I use it on my property for mosquitoes. It also did great preserving some of my trees from the gypsy moth caterpillar invasion in my region. Works great on spiders termites and many more bugs. Some big brand sprays use this ingredient already diluted at %2.5 into a gallon for the same to more money. This bottle make about 16 gallons give or take on your application strength.

74 Ariens 832
8? FMC Bolens 824
02 White 4x4 Snow Boss
90 Lawn Boy ST320
88 Honda 300FW w/plow
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes classiccat liked this post
post #4 of 25 Old 09-21-2017, 12:24 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 14
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilateen02 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0048...ymL&ref=plSrch
I've been using permethin 36.8 percent from Amazon. Got the tip from an exterminator and this bottle goes a long way. It is concentrated so water must be added. About 2 oz per gallon depending on application. Pretty safe and extremely effective. I use it on my property for mosquitoes. It also did great preserving some of my trees from the gypsy moth caterpillar invasion in my region. Works great on spiders termites and many more bugs. Some big brand sprays use this ingredient already diluted at %2.5 into a gallon for the same to more money. This bottle make about 16 gallons give or take on your application strength.
Be careful if you have cats. Permethrin is HIGHLY TOXIC for cats.
post #5 of 25 Old 09-21-2017, 03:44 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 180
Likes (Received): 41
I use Talstar P for any insect problems that I have. Has pretty much eliminated spiders for me. They were a real problem when we moved here 8 years ago. Great for ants and earwigs too. Talstar One, Talstar P, Talstar Pro Insecticide - Free Shipping
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
post #6 of 25 Old 09-21-2017, 07:32 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 54
Likes (Given): 40
Likes (Received): 94
i'd rather have spiders then these stinking mice that get in mine. at least spiders don't get under the engine covers of my vintage early cadets making nests,
post #7 of 25 Old 09-21-2017, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87 powershift View Post
i'd rather have spiders then these stinking mice that get in mine. at least spiders don't get under the engine covers of my vintage early cadets making nests,
That is what Air Guns are for.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 25 Old 09-21-2017, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 336
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 762
The wife and I keep small glass jars with lids a few places around the house:

whenever we find a spider in the house, it is captured in the jar, slide in a sheet of paper between the wall/table/etc to capture it in the jar, add the top..carry it outside and release.

Spiders are good, they are friends..If not for spiders and bats, we would be knee-deep in bugs. IMO, you should not kill spiders if you can avoid it.

We do this with most other bugs too..most are indoors by mistake and dont want to be there.

The exception is ants in the house. They die. They could be carpenter ants trying to gain a foothold in the house's wood foundation. When we find them in the house, the Terro ant poison liquid comes out:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.lehmans...arge/68TAK.jpg

I always put it inside cupboards or drawers where the cats cant get to it. It always works..If the ants find it and drink it up, they carry it back to the colony and feed it to other ants, and the queen..it kills the colony. no more ants are seen after a day or two.

Scot

Last edited by sscotsman; 09-21-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Grunt, Old_Deere liked this post
post #9 of 25 Old 09-21-2017, 09:44 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 139
Thanks (Received): 269
Likes (Given): 371
Likes (Received): 910

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.
Toro 724
Toro CCR 3650E
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss ..Sold
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #10 of 25 Old 09-21-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscotsman View Post
The wife and I keep small glass jars with lids a few places around the house:

whenever we find a spider in the house, it is captured in the jar, slide in a sheet of paper between the wall/table/etc to capture it in the jar, add the top..carry it outside and release.

Spiders are good, they are friends..If not for spiders and bats, we would be knee-deep in bugs. IMO, you should not kill spiders if you can avoid it.

We do this with most other bugs too..most are indoors by mistake and dont want to be there.

The exception is ants in the house. They die. They could be carpenter ants trying to gain a foothold in the house's wood foundation. When we find them in the house, the Terro ant poison liquid comes out:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.lehmans...arge/68TAK.jpg

I always put it inside cupboards or drawers where the cats cant get to it. It always works..If the ants find it and drink it up, they carry it back to the colony and feed it to other ants, and the queen..it kills the colony. no more ants are seen after a day or two.

Scot
Bats give me the Googly mooglys. plus they carry the rabies virus.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page