post #1 of 12 Old 12-16-2017, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 38
Garage
Congrats to @87 powershift!

Please join me in thanking and congratulating SBF’s very own @87 powershift for his 34 years as a volunteer EMT with his respective community Emergency Medical Service in the great state of New Jersey. He retires from his long journey of selfless duty as of 0600 hours today and is to be commended at every level.
I’m not sure how many folks truly know and appreciate what the volunteers in our local EMS and Fire Departments do day in and day out. They spend countless hours of their own personal time that they will never, ever get back, training and responding to our calls for need, seeing and dealing with the worst of the worst with no need or expectation of being thanked, recognized or praised, let alone paid. They are routinely woken up out of deep, sound sleep in their own warm and comfortable beds and run out into the absolute worst weather imaginable, sometimes exposed to deplorable conditions that can make anyone choke and then proceed to their day job on 1 to 3 hours of sleep – that’s the reality of what they do. And they do it because no one else can and/or will.
Having been a police officer myself for 25+ years, I have proudly worked alongside them daily. However, I get paid for my service. These incredible volunteers do not – and my hat is off to each and every one of them. They are a dying breed. The ever-increasing attitude of “what’s in it for me” is quickly becoming dominant. As @87 powershift pointed out to me, few people know, understand and enjoy the incredible feeling of helping someone else out “just because”.
I know that most, if not all, of those here on SBF understand that, because that’s why we’re here – to simply help each other out however we can, "just because."
So, thank you, Charlie, for all that you’ve done. Thank you for your time, for your expertise, your willingness, your generosity, your desire and your ambition to serve your community honorably. There is no doubt that you’ve made a huge difference in several lives over the course of those 34 years – most of which you know about and a few that you probably don’t.
Enjoy your retirement & go blow some snow – you deserve it!

"It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

2018 Ariens Platinum SHO Track 28

Last edited by Paulie139; 12-16-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 6 Thanks, 4 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks nwcove, classiccat, jrom, Grunt, Yanmar Ronin, Shaw351 thanked for this post
Likes nwcove, tdipaul, Cardo111, Shaw351 liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-16-2017, 06:29 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 53
Likes (Given): 40
Likes (Received): 94
THANK YOU PAULIE

34 years as a emt.plus 6 years as what was called a nj 5 point, first aider, the preload of emt in NJ, i did so out of the want to help the towns i had lived in. just as i wish to share in here all the 50 plus years of my knowledge as a mechanic of auto's and small engine repair ,

my only wish is for younger people to step up and volunteer, there is not one town in this great USA that is not in need of people to fill all the open spots,esp. daytime, the shift that is leading towns to bring in paid services that run costs of a trip to the hospital up big time.

what do you need? a will to help your fellow man plus some strong guts as you will at some point see some very bad sites

Last edited by 10953; 12-16-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks classiccat thanked for this post
Likes tdipaul, Grunt, Cardo111 liked this post
post #3 of 12 Old 12-16-2017, 07:24 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 199
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 542
Likes (Received): 106
Thank you to powershift 87 for your dedication to your town and profession. May your retirement be blessed with reliable snow blower equipment for the storms that you look forward to battling.
Thanks Paulie139 for bringing it to our attention. I work in a school that services children with disabilities, one of my supervisors is an EMT in the evening, so he basically is working 16 hours a day several times a week. I don't know how he does it or you to powershift 87, emergencies happen anytime, anywhere and in any weather!
Hope you have the time now to "mod" your snow blowers to the max. I would also like to add to everyone reading this that if it is possible, Please learn CPR, it can save a life as powershift 87 can attest to.
post #4 of 12 Old 12-16-2017, 09:19 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 42
Likes (Received): 80
Garage
87 powershift, a heartfelt thank you to you for all your service. I couldn’t have done my job without the the EMTs True professionals, true life savers. Hats off to you sir!
post #5 of 12 Old 12-16-2017, 10:52 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 68
A tip of the hat to you and enjoy your much deserved leisure time at a less hectic pace.
post #6 of 12 Old 12-16-2017, 06:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 97
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 81
Likes (Received): 397
Good job Brother.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 Old 12-16-2017, 09:52 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 121
Thanks (Received): 114
Likes (Given): 245
Likes (Received): 136
Happy retirement!

Go left.....No, your other left!
post #8 of 12 Old 12-16-2017, 10:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 254
Likes (Received): 239
Thank you, and congrats on the retirement. What part of NW NJ? I'm in NE NJ.
post #9 of 12 Old 12-17-2017, 07:50 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 33
Likes (Received): 37
Can't be said enough. Thank you for your dedication to your community.
post #10 of 12 Old 12-17-2017, 08:56 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 100
Cograts my friend,

Scott
69 ariens
toro 721r
toro 926 hd oxe
78 powerking 1614/48'' haban snowblower
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page