Any ELECTRIC GURU'S OOT Here?????? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 10-05-2018, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 341
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1095
Question Any ELECTRIC GURU'S OOT Here??????

Can some 1 here tell me why in the name of ZEUS!!!!!!!!!!!! When the TV is on and I flip the KITCHEN Light on the TV goes all wonky????? The Kitchen light has 1 of those Electronic ballest's in it. I used to have the old style in there but during the summer month's it would not light up because of the humidity. so I put 1 of those Electronic BAD BOY'S in there which comes on right away but like I said it makes the TV all WONKY??????????

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-05-2018, 07:23 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 81
Likes (Given): 18
Likes (Received): 202
Your light is causing interference. Seems odd that the other light would not work due to humidity. You should check all of your connections. One of them might be loose or have rust in it.
post #3 of 14 Old 10-05-2018, 07:43 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 135
Thanks (Received): 266
Likes (Given): 357
Likes (Received): 895
Sounds like you may have a loose wire connectjon. It could possibly be dangerous. Does.your TV always act up or just at the moment the light is turned on? Only momentary it"s probably just ballast interference.
Try p!ugging your TV into a different receptacle.

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.
Toro 724
Toro CCR 3650E
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss ..Sold
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #4 of 14 Old 10-05-2018, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 509
Thanks (Received): 679
Likes (Given): 3830
Likes (Received): 1472
Garage
How many bulbs are in the fixture and what is the crazy long number off the new ballast ?? Did you look up the old ballast's number to get the replacement ??

You might try swapping out bulbs with another fixture just in case it's a bulb going bad. You might also want to check to see if you have T12's or T8's and if the ballast is rated for the bulbs you have.

Running an extension cord to another outlet on a different circuit would likely solve your problem but it would be nice to fix whatever is the cause as it's not normal for this to happen.

There is also the chance you have everything correct and it's just a glitch between the frequency of the new ballast and your TV but that's pretty unlikely. Like Micah asked, only on startup or all the time ??

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 10-05-2018 at 02:03 PM.
post #5 of 14 Old 10-05-2018, 02:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 54
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 148
interference(feedback) from ballast, theyre on the same phase so its affecting the tv, it also is the biggest cause of wifi /router/modem problems or any modern electronic gadgets.
wire terminals are loose at plugs/switches/junctions, use an interference/noise filter, get a better ballast( moe money), use led, smaller chance of interference but still possible, use old school incandescent light bulbs, or change which of the 2 phases either are on but thats not likely an option.

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

Last edited by vinnycom; 10-05-2018 at 04:55 PM.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-06-2018, 10:21 PM

Location: Minneapolis suburb that is the sister city to Lomianki Poland
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 111
Thanks (Received): 47
Likes (Given): 881
Likes (Received): 207
Garage
Are you using an over the air antenna? Different types of lights can cause poor reception. May want to move the antenna if that's the case. Cord cutting for the win!

Wake me up when the snow's done...
post #7 of 14 Old 10-07-2018, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
When I get around to it again I will just put in a new fixture. the BLOODY thing is as UGLY as the Day is Long.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes gibbs296 liked this post
post #8 of 14 Old 10-07-2018, 02:10 PM

Location: Minneapolis suburb that is the sister city to Lomianki Poland
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 111
Thanks (Received): 47
Likes (Given): 881
Likes (Received): 207
Garage
Menards and Home Depot can be interesting places.

Wake me up when the snow's done...
post #9 of 14 Old 10-07-2018, 02:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 81
Likes (Given): 18
Likes (Received): 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSHIFT93 View Post
When I get around to it again I will just put in a new fixture. the BLOODY thing is as UGLY as the Day is Long.

If you have a loose connection as suggested by several people, you may not get around to it if your house burns down. Electricity is not something to take lightly.
post #10 of 14 Old 10-07-2018, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIT333 View Post
If you have a loose connection as suggested by several people, you may not get around to it if your house burns down. Electricity is not something to take lightly.
All the wires are tight up there. I don't even turn it on now since it makes the TV all WONKY. I Just use another light that is over the kitchen sink.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page