post #1 of 1 Old 05-23-2019, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 30
Garage
Worked on Kohler 724 ego

Got my 1st taste of efi 724 v twin troubleshooting on 72” exmark laser mower with 4500 hours.
Symptoms were missing and backfiring after 15 minutes with blades on. Ok with blades off though. His mechanic wouldn’t work on it. I took a chance as opportunity to get a new landscapers $$. Very basic efi seems like kohler used off the shelf fuel injection from gm 3.1 v6 from early 90’s also seen similar on early Harley efi It was jump 2 pins and count the flashes of mil. No active codes present. Ended up removing sensors and homing them out. TPS sensor had bad spot in it where governor kept throttle with blades on under load which would be where tps spent most of its time at. After ordering the kohler part I realized that sensor was same delco sensor as gm 3.1

I’m not sold on efi yet but I do think that efi has contributed to a healthy 4500 Kohler engine. Motor seemed very tight and didn’t smoke. Probably less cylinder wash than a choked carb engine which has prolonged life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Grunt, micah68kj liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in