Raised Flower Beds?????????????? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-20-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 345
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1134
Question Raised Flower Beds??????????????

Has any 1 Here built a Raised Bed??????? I am going to have to travel down this road. because this year all those BLOODY FREAKING Weed seeds invaded the Iris plot and I am steaming mad about that. I am thinking aboot going the stone they use for like say retaining walls. because the wood board style is kinda boring 4 me. so my question is how do you lock them all in place?????? thinking of going 3-5 high 4 that. Who knows maybe OLD JOE will show his mug here in the PARADISE CITY and lend a helping hand 4 this UNDERTAKING. I am sure some of youse here has done this 4 the wifey.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-21-2019, 08:30 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 136
Thanks (Received): 268
Likes (Given): 361
Likes (Received): 905
I'm supposed to be up there at the end of August for a few weeks. Brother is finally getting around to updating their tired, old kitchen. Maybe I can get over your way then, Todd.
I like the stone idea. I do believe most retaining wall stones have a lip that locks them together.

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.
Toro 724
Toro CCR 3650E
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss ..Sold
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #3 of 4 Old 06-22-2019, 08:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 51
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 56
Likes (Received): 90
Maybe these might give you an idea.

Here are some pics for ideas:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/667799450969721944
post #4 of 4 Old 06-22-2019, 09:32 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 48
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 160
big a$S tubes of PL premium adhesive is how we usually glued retaining wall bricks together. depending on how tall we would go we would even add some geo grid to lock it into the hill every so many layers to lock it into the hill. with planter box i would maybe ad some geogrid on the bottom row in the middle to keep it from bowing out in the center since locking a brick planter together may be harder than a wooden one. hopefully if you keep the bottom row straight the top ones will be less likely to bow out. the brick ones are also more of a pain because you need a nearly perfectly flat base or it makes laying the bricks a pain. wooden above ground planters can be more forgiving since you can just dig high spots deeper or fill in low spots or it is not even that big of a deal. water will wash dirt into any low spots. you just have to level them or slope them with the terrain depending what you want. i recently redid some for someone. really doesn't take that much work out of work. usually about 1/2 day per box for the larger ones but they are not super tall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190610_125652.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	474.3 KB
ID:	156165  

arien 520 snow blower 6.5hp swap
yardworks 31AH6WKF515
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in