Any Electrical Guru's around Here?????? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 508
Thanks (Received): 380
Likes (Given): 291
Likes (Received): 1378
Question Any Electrical Guru's around Here??????

As some of you may know I have been banging my head waiting on a switch to show up for my vacuum cleaner. well Friday the BLOODY thing finally hit town. so I went to town and put it in there. well I guess it was not the switch because it will not run Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The brush motor was turning on and off while I was running it. and the cleaning tool motor did run without any Issues up until it died. iI bought it back in 2012. it is a PROTEAM XP1500. SO if any body can help me figure what went south on it. or should I just cut My losses and get a new 1. new motors 4 it would be 160.00 plus tax. a new unit is 400.00. https://proteam.emerson.com/service/..._partslist.jpg

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 12:44 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 59
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSHIFT93 View Post
As some of you may know I have been banging my head waiting on a switch to show up for my vacuum cleaner. well Friday the BLOODY thing finally hit town. so I went to town and put it in there. well I guess it was not the switch because it will not run Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The brush motor was turning on and off while I was running it. and the cleaning tool motor did run without any Issues up until it died. iI bought it back in 2012. it is a PROTEAM XP1500. SO if any body can help me figure what went south on it. or should I just cut My losses and get a new 1. new motors 4 it would be 160.00 plus tax. a new unit is 400.00. https://proteam.emerson.com/service/..._partslist.jpg
This is a snowblower forum !

I guess you cleaned the brush itself? I had mine doing the same thing last week and when I looked at the brush it had 5 lbs of long blond hair tangled up in it!
Human hair! But the vacuum still ran. Not your machine, I have a shark. I have 4 vacuums in the house. One is a shop vacuum. Shark is an upright, the other 2 are canister type.
Did you check the plug too? I guess you looked at the little belt that turns the brush?

I see your diagram but there are no names associated with the part number, which switch did you replace?

I hate shoveling SNOW!

Craftsman #536886141(Around 2000?)
5 Horse, Tecumseh HSSK50-67392S
22" Dual Stage
"Classic" 1963 S-226 Snowbird
4 Horse (orig) Briggs & Stratton#6305201
22" Dual Stage
post #3 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ed View Post
This is a snowblower forum !

I guess you cleaned the brush itself? I had mine doing the same thing last week and when I looked at the brush it had 5 lbs of hair tangled up in it!
Human hair! But the vacuum still ran. Not your machine, I have a shark. I have 4 vacuums in the house. One is a shop vacuum. Shark is an upright, the other 2 are canister type.
Did you check the plug too? I guess you looked at the little belt that turns the brush?

I see your diagram but there are no names associated with the part number, which switch did you replace?
The on/off switch. the brush roller is clean. part # 25.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
The belt is fine also. The stupid thing just up and died on me.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 12:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
I found a diagram for it with the parts listed along side of it.
https://proteam.emerson.com/en-us/sh...252/parts-list

When you say it won't run are you talking about the brush part? Or the whole machine?

I hate shoveling SNOW!

22" Dual Stage
22" Dual Stage
post #6 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 12:55 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Part # 70 and 71, it is a Switch, Safety, Power Nozzle Lockout and circuit breaker.
I wonder if there is a way to check these with a multi meter?
They are down by the brush.

I hate shoveling SNOW!

22" Dual Stage
22" Dual Stage
post #7 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 01:14 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 32
Likes (Given): 45
Likes (Received): 52
I looks like it is an upright model with a power beater bar head. The suction motor is usually a brushed motor, check the motor brushes for wear, check the commutator for burning, check that the electic connections are tight, look at the motor windings for signs of overheating/burning. Check the beater bar motor for the same things. The power wire that goes to the beater bar is subject to flexing where the handle joins to the power head. The wire can fatigue internally at this point and become intermittent or open. Check where the power cord attaches to the handle, this area also flexes and the internal wires can break. Also check at the wall plug. If there are other flexing locations in the handle, check there also. You will have to test the wiring for intermittents or breaks with a volt or ohm meter or test lamp. Move the wires as you test. You can check the motors by isolating them and then powering them with clip leads from AC power. If the motors are multi-speed, identifying which terminals to use becomes more difficult.

1986 Toro 524 (Predator 212 Hemi, Impeller Mod.)
1997 Toro 724
1997 Toro 824XL Power Throw
post #8 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ed View Post
I found a diagram for it with the parts listed along side of it.
https://proteam.emerson.com/en-us/sh...252/parts-list

When you say it won't run are you talking about the brush part? Or the whole machine?
The whole thing does not turn on.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 01:41 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 275
Thanks (Received): 330
Likes (Given): 3334
Likes (Received): 679
Todd, if it were a Briggs motor, I know you could figure it out. I would just let the carpet get dirty enough where you could just use a rake to clean up. OR take it into a local vacuum repair shop since it would be cheaper than throwing unneeded parts at it.

Toro 8/24 (38080) 1989
Toro 721-QZR (38743) 2015 (Hemi Predator Power)
Toro (51984) Hand Held Blower (For the light stuff)

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
post #10 of 16 Old 12-15-2019, 01:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSHIFT93 View Post
The whole thing does not turn on.
I had a plug go bad on my upright. It was not that old, I tell them not to pull it by the cord!
But I might as well talk to the dog.

I hate shoveling SNOW!

22" Dual Stage
22" Dual Stage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page