LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 59 Old 12-24-2019, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 508
Thanks (Received): 380
Likes (Given): 291
Likes (Received): 1378
Question Security Cameras any 1.

As most of you here know back in November there was a crime spree in my Hood. which resulted in all 4 of the HEAVY CHEVY's getting slashed beyond repair. Well the other night when I was filling up the tank on the HEAVY CHEVY. At the corner gas station here I looked in the Bed and saw something. Thought to myself what the ELL is that turns out it was the Antenna from the truck that had been broken off and tossed in the bed after the fact. So now I am going to put up Security Cameras around the House. The Bloomington 5-0 Highly recomends this brand of cameras. I need help which model would best suit my needs. they are the Arlo ULTRA 4K Through The Pro SMART LINE. I need Night vision also. So Yet Once Again I am Calling on the Masses at Hand here 4 Help on This Subject Matter. here is the link. https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/default.aspx MAHALO!!!!!!! Feel Free to Grill me with any Questions that might arise.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 Old 12-24-2019, 06:13 AM

Location: Minneapolis suburb that is the sister city to Lomianki Poland
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 169
Thanks (Received): 68
Likes (Given): 1205
Likes (Received): 292
Garage
The brand you are looking at has an excellent reputation. I use something cheaper from Microcenter, but they require a smartphone. Happy Holidays my friend!!

Wake me up when the snow's done...
post #3 of 59 Old 12-24-2019, 06:41 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 276
the thing i really hate about the arlo ones is that you need an internet connection for it to work and that there is no onsite storage or even dvr and have to use the cloud system which you have to pay for if you actually enough recording time to actually catch who may have caused the damage if you didn't notice it immediately. internet goes down you catch nothing. if it wasn't for these small things i would have probably bought one. all the good quality systems seem to want the camera to stream to cloud instead of a pvr or local storage even if it was just a local micro sd card.

arien 520 snow blower 6.5hp swap
yardworks 31AH6WKF515
Post Thanks / Like - 2 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Kiss4aFrog, detdrbuzzard thanked for this post
post #4 of 59 Old 12-24-2019, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzywolfie View Post
the thing i really hate about the arlo ones is that you need an internet connection for it to work and that there is no onsite storage or even dvr and have to use the cloud system which you have to pay for if you actually enough recording time to actually catch who may have caused the damage if you didn't notice it immediately. internet goes down you catch nothing. if it wasn't for these small things i would have probably bought one. all the good quality systems seem to want the camera to stream to cloud instead of a pvr or local storage even if it was just a local micro sd card.
Then what is the Smart Hub for. I think a couple of them have an SD Card.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 59 Old 12-24-2019, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs296 View Post
The brand you are looking at has an excellent reputation. I use something cheaper from Microcenter, but they require a smartphone. Happy Holidays my friend!!
You To There BROTHER GIBBS.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks gibbs296 thanked for this post
post #6 of 59 Old 12-24-2019, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Then can any 1 Point me in a Direction of Cameras that do not require cloud or smart phone stuff????????? DON'T OWN OR NEED A SMART PHONE!!!!!!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes eyebolt liked this post
post #7 of 59 Old 12-24-2019, 07:12 AM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 879
Some have sirens and strobe lights, I even saw one that emits gunshot sounds. WiFi is the way to go with a hard drive recorder in the house 24/7. Thieves look out for these so they make good deterrent. So mount them high up where they can't reach them. At night they can see the infrared LEDs and the smart ones walkaway.

''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks eyebolt thanked for this post
Likes eyebolt liked this post
post #8 of 59 Old 12-24-2019, 07:26 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 80
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSHIFT93 View Post
Then what is the Smart Hub for. I think a couple of them have an SD Card.
i don't know 100% but pretty sure it mainly acts as the camera's private wifi access point. camera's connect to it instead of your wifi network which are sometimes not always reliable. i think i did see some of them available with sd cards but you have to take the sd card out anytime you need to check it which seems stupid.

arien 520 snow blower 6.5hp swap
yardworks 31AH6WKF515
post #9 of 59 Old 12-24-2019, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Some have sirens and strobe lights, I even saw one that emits gunshot sounds. WiFi is the way to go with a hard drive recorder in the house 24/7. Thieves look out for these so they make good deterrent. So mount them high up where they can't reach them. At night they can see the infrared LEDs and the smart ones walkaway.

WHAT Brand do you recomend and where can I find them in the states?????

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 59 Old 12-24-2019, 08:01 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 46
Garage
I have clients that use NEST cameras, 4 on each house. They work day and night, they have sound going both ways, you could talk to the vandals! They work with smart phones... I get a call within minutes of coming into the driveway almost every time.

To take advantage of this tech you really do NEED a smart phone...

Ariens 1027le
Meyer 8' Stainless Lot Pro fitted to 2012 F250
17 Arctic Cat Mtn Cat, for the day after
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks detdrbuzzard thanked for this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page