Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 726
Thanks (Received): 216
Likes (Given): 1379
Likes (Received): 1382
Garage
What are you doing for New Year's Eve?

How times have changed.

I used to be one of the biggest party animals on new year's eve. Use to go to the FIRST NIGHT celebration In BOSTON in the the 1970's. Took the subway in and back and that was a great party time on the trains.

spent the night in a FT Lauderdale jail new years eve around 1975 or 76 with 300 other crazies. one of the funnest nights i ever had. they let us all out in the morning. The cops strip searched me and found my Eagle Scout card. He yelled to everyone. "hey guys , another Eagle Scout! The second one toniight" ya we scouts can party too.

One eve also in Ft Lauderdale was kidnapped by 3 ladies in a limo . they said they were famous but I did not know who they were. there were 2 Michigan state wrestlers also with us. We all got busted on the strip and spent most of night in jail. The coach of the team came down to bail out the wrestlers but they refused to leave unless he bailed me out also. We got out and in the back of the coach's car was a cooler full of ice and beer and we picked up where we left off.

One new years eve was in Key West Florida. ( don't remember how i got there. )

Many new year eve's were spent on my Harley going bar to bar with a bunch of other guys in the central valley of California, getting rowdy and being chased by the cops. One time spent 4 days in jail for disorderly. that wasn't too bad. I knew 4 of the other guys in a 6 person cell. I didn't want to pay the fine so did 4 days instead.

One year rode my bike from Cali to Boston and went into the city on NYE to party. There was so much traffic we were riding on the sidewalks. The cops were yelling at us to stop but there was no way for them to chase us. Almost got knifed in the back at a biker bar cause I was drunk and acting crazy.Fortunately my best friend save me. We rode back from Boston to Weymouth in about 10 minutes at over 90-100 mph spitting lanes . ( i must have a guardian angel )

Some New year eve's I can't remember . one morning I woke up with the shakes. I was so sick I prayed I'd stop if I could get better. It was that BAD. That was about 20 years ago . I got better and pretty much kept my end of the bargain.

since then I really have become a hibernating animal. In bed by 9 or 10 pm ( to be awaken by gunshots at midnight. ) maybe a glass of wine and watching a movie like Casablanca or some other classic film.

my body thanks me without the old hangover headaches and taking a day or 2 to recover. and now I can actually enjoy watching the college football games.

It's nice to remember the good times but it's also nice to be older and wiser.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 4 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-01-2020, 12:16 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 21
Likes (Given): 116
Likes (Received): 40
Garage
Ya but..........Too soon old, to late smart.......
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 87powershiftx2 liked this post
post #3 of 10 Old 01-01-2020, 02:36 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 221
Thanks (Received): 294
Likes (Given): 1801
Likes (Received): 623
when I was younger I lived in a high rise in downtown Detroit, seeing that I could walk probably kept me out of jail on new years eve / day or maybe it was the wine-o's looking after me. I always seem to end up partying with them, they were my buds

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes orangputeh, Grunt liked this post
post #4 of 10 Old 01-01-2020, 10:42 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 151
Likes (Received): 38
Didn't do to much, we were going to have some folks and their kids in but the roads were greasy. We stayed up to midnight (just barely for my 8 year old and I who were dozing off).

Played cards, built some Lego and my little guy played gravity maze, one of the games from Christmas.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Dag Johnsen liked this post
post #5 of 10 Old 01-01-2020, 10:51 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 137
Thanks (Received): 304
Likes (Given): 401
Likes (Received): 723
It was a quiet evening here. My wife and I stayed home, we hung out with the cats (who were unimpressed by the prospect of a new decade). I was in bed at 10. I trusted the rest of you fine folks to make sure the New Year actually happened. You did well.

Ariens 1024 Pro
Toro Power Clear 221QR
Toro Power Curve 1800
post #6 of 10 Old 01-01-2020, 11:25 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 151
Likes (Received): 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctobyr View Post
we hung out with the cats (who were unimpressed by the prospect of a new decade).
Ours aren't that enthusiastic either.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-01-2020, 11:59 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 120
Likes (Received): 43
Garage
We stayed home with family, played card games and had pork and sauerkraut...and watched fireworks from the square...

Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier!!
2019 Ariens Compact 24...
2013 Craftsman 22" 179cc better than shoveling
XM -1000, galvanized steel Shovel with gator grip tape....
Big Bad Kubota as a backup by neighbor.....
post #8 of 10 Old 01-01-2020, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 382
Likes (Given): 173
Likes (Received): 877
The last time I went out on New Years eve was December 31, 1999.
Went with some friends, downtown Rochester had a big event, closed off Main street for a big street party, fireworks, had a big screen with the President's address, etc. It was fun!
The world didnt end in the early hours of 1/1/2000.
I was 30 years old that year, and it was basically the end of my "going out" years.

Since then, my wife and I do absolutely nothing for New Years eve..because, we simply dont care.
it means nothing to us, we dont "go out" in a drinking or party sense any other night of the year, so New Years isnt any different..
I dont think I have even bothered to stay up until midnight in a decade or so..

We still get January 1st off from work though! which is nice..
Thats more of a "holiday" for us than the night before, we try to do something special, we might go out to Niagara Falls today and walk around.

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-01-2020, 12:55 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 109
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 723
When I was working I couldn't wait for a holiday so I could relax and do nothing. Now that I'm retired these are the most boring days, nothing is open. But oh the things I've done and the things I've seen at New Years parties...

''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
post #10 of 10 Old 01-01-2020, 01:13 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 101
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 261
Likes (Received): 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscotsman View Post

Since then, my wife and I do absolutely nothing for New Years eve..because, we simply dont care.
Ditto. But we did get roped into going up the street to the neighbor's house instead of having a nice peaceful dinner at home.

2014 Ariens 21" Path Pro 938030
2015 Ariens 24" SHO 921038 | poly skids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page