LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Is the customer ALWAYS right???

Purchased $2500 worth of new furniture from a local retailer (Art Van) about 6 weeks ago, they told me I would get at least 24 hours notice of the delivery prior to the delivery date and they would contact me the delivery date at least one hour before the truck arrived. Well, they did contact me two days prior and said they would contact me when the delivery time was firmed up. But they never did...and when I contacted them the day before scheduled delivery they said "Oh our computer systems are down but we will notify you later today about your delivery time window" but they never did that. So at 8 am yesterday I was waiting for the truck to show up and at ten am I called Art Van, and asked when the delivery window was supposed to be...they said "we don't really know"....

I blew up at them and gave them pure he** saying they had the most pi** poor incompetent system...in this day and age of 24/7/365 instant communication how could anyone fail to contact me in some way? They had my email, my cell number, my landline number...even the delivery drivers could have contacted me...I told them to read their Facebook page where I was blasting them about the issue I had...and told them I wanted a full refund of my $100-plus-tax delivery fee....the sales associate said wait a minute...he must have looked at the Facebook post I made and he came back to ask "If we give you a refund will you change that Facebook post" and I said that depends on how much longer it takes your truck to get here...

Well, the truck showed up an hour later, I was nice to the delivery guys and tipped them $10 for lunch money...and later that day I got an email showing I had a $106 credit on my Visa. I am rather good at bitching about what I feel is crappy service...and I can be very blunt.

"Smile and the world smiles back, but snarl when you have to and you might get better results...."

Anyone agree?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 08:31 AM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 93
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 570
These people have to be whipped once in a while to let them know who's paying there salaries. You did good. You should have seen my last visit at my GM dealership.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Sad thing is, many people are afraid of confrontation and don't want to make waves or speak up. And their kind is what creates a "too bad, but so what" attitude from merchants and businesses. But when I get what I feel is really good or exemplary service, I always...repeat ALWAYS compliment who I get it from...be it a server at Applebee's, an Ebay seller, a heating contractor...
post #4 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 10:13 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 7
I'm a strong believer of get more bees with honey then vinegar. What goes around comes around.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 10:24 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 147
Thanks (Received): 277
Likes (Given): 380
Likes (Received): 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariens1976 View Post
I'm a strong believer of get more bees with honey then vinegar. What goes around comes around.
^^^ What he said^^^

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.
Toro 724
Toro CCR 3650E
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss ..Sold
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #6 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariens1976 View Post
Easy for you to say....every hour they kept me waiting was an hour I wasn't earning $25 at my self-employed job. Making me wait when a customer was expecting ME to show up ticked me off big time. AND AT LEAST I KEPT MY CUSTOMER INFORMED !!
post #7 of 7 Old 11-14-2014, 03:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 7
I always start with honey, and maybe try it a second time, usually by the third time is when the hornets come out. It's pretty easy to tell when you're getting no where, being jerk'ed around and plan B is necessary. I totally understand your feelings and can't say I'd be much different. What you asked for isn't unreasonable...You weren't looking for something for nothing.

The most valuable asset I have besides my health is my time...My time to me is worth $50/hr and when I had a problem with my new blower due to pure dealer incompetence. The compensation was far less then my rate but I'm a reasonable guy and wasn't willing to settle for zero compensation as was their first attempted offer to "make things right".

2014 Honda 928WAS

Erie, PA
-Avg yearly snowfall 100.8" (256cm)
-2013-14 Snowiest major city in the USA with 138.4" (351.5cm)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page