post #1 of 11 Old 03-04-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Anyone blowing snow anymore?

Anyone blowing snow anymore?

We haven't got any snow on the ground besides the remains of snowbanks here and there. I kinda like having warmer weather finally, but I have to admit that snow can be alot of fun!

So does anyone else have any snow around yet?

Wayne

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-04-2011, 07:01 PM

Post Thanks / Like
our snow is gone,its raining, the grass is brownish and i'm going to probably put the blower away for the season pretty soon. yes i'm looking at the lawnmower and when i'm going to ready it up for the season,i'm getting kind of anxious to start spring/summer and cooking out in the backyard.

post #3 of 11 Old 03-04-2011, 07:24 PM
dex

Post Thanks / Like
Same here. Last week we got the gardens mulched, trees trimmed and I changed the oil in the snowblower. A good clean up on it next unless there is that last snow that sometimes comes here in MD in March, but only rain forcast for this weekend.
post #4 of 11 Old 03-04-2011, 09:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
We still have snow/ice on the ground, but today it was rain and 44 degrees. I will keep the equipment ready to go for at least 2 or 3 weeks. Going to Texas week after next so I assume I will get an early start on warm weather there.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 332
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 750
Winter in Western NY is 5 months..the entire months of November, December, January, February and March..

March is still 100% winter..there isnt much spring-like weather at all in March..maybe some days start to hit 40 for the first time in March and the snow begins to melt, but its still below freezing at night through most of March..snow is still very likely.

April is the transitional month between winter and spring..April is half winter and half spring..(we often get snow in April..but its winding down by then)
May is when "real spring" arrives..

This is getting to be the time of year where "the last snow" might come, but I doubt it has yet, its still too early, winter is only 80% over..
im sure the snowblower will be used once or twice more this season..I dont pack it away and bring out the lawnmower until early May..

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old 03-05-2011, 07:02 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 1
Im like sscotsman.... Still winter here... Single digits in the am, and I can count the days we have had over 30 on one hand!!! Been a BAD winter!!!!!!!!Looking out over my back yard, I see my Ingersoll444 with snow over the top of the front wheels, and the foot plates... so thats a good foot and a half there... I still have a little pack ice on the drive, but I can finly see the bench of my pinic table for the first time sence dec..... it was a cold damp 35 yesterday, and we got little melt... today they say a rainy 40... so that might drop a little... Saying maybe a snowstorm sunday night.... ya... the blowers going nowere yet!!!!!!!

I am SOOOOOO sick of this winter!!!!

|
|
post #7 of 11 Old 03-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Winter is still here in N.H. Been having below zero temps and still have 2-3 ft snow on the ground. Winter is not over yet. Mother's Day is about the end of winter. History says we will have at least 1 more big snow storm before winter ends. I have seen 20" snow storm in late April.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-05-2011, 06:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Snowing here again today. Supposed to get 2 to 4 of the heavy wet stuff. All of next week forecast is for above freezing temps. Depending on what is there in the morning I may just let this one melt on itís own.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 553
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 584
Likes (Received): 604
It tried to snow yesterday, but didn't really do any more than wet the ground like rain. Looking over the forecast for the next week it's supposed to be in the 40s everyday. Might still get some, but I'd guess we're pretty well done.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-06-2011, 10:40 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Ah yes 20cm over night I have a 1000 foot driveway plus around the house 2.5 hours. I was in heaven!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page