LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-31-2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
What snowblowers have you owned before?

Just wondering what other snowblowers you guys own or have owned before and how good were they?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-29-2011, 09:23 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 0
Hey,

The one blower Ive ever owned has been my late 70s Gilson I aquired from my neighbor last year, for free at that. It was a good machine when I got it. Had the carb re-built on it before last snow fall and it ran great up until the ver end where I ended up having to borrow my other neighbors (very good friend) blower for the last couple snow falls.

I pretty much spent the summer tracking down parts for it as Gilson parts are out of production (unless you got the hook-up, HA HA HA) it took some time but now she is back to all her glory and cant wait to get her in the snow. Not that Im in a hurry for it to get cold though.

See if you can spot the custom parts I made. LOL

Cody
post #3 of 4 Old 09-29-2011, 12:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmann2011 View Post
See if you can spot the custom parts I made. LOL

Cody

Iíll start with the diamond plate deflector on the chute? Also looks like the same diamond plate for the pulley drive cover?
post #4 of 4 Old 09-29-2011, 04:04 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 137
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 322
Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by abumpa View Post
I’ll start with the diamond plate deflector on the chute? Also looks like the same diamond plate for the pulley drive cover?
In addition to the two mentioned, the driftbreaker appears to not be factory (flat iron) along with the carb cover looks good but definitely different shape that any of the Tecumseh's I have. Don't know about the chute crank, looks at a different angle than any I've seen. Starter button looks like one from a later model unit that would likely have come on that engine (think it should be grey plastic type material with exposed plug ends). That's my guess

Add a couple of safety stickers and most people wouldn't know it from a new one. :-)

Right now I have 7 Craftsmans: 3 hp single stage, 4 hp 20", pair of 5 hp 22", 7 hp 24", 7 hp 26" and 10 hp 26" (formerly 32" 3 stage). Plan to sell 4 of them this fall if all goes as planned, keeping the single stage, one of the 5 hp and the 10 hp.

Paul

Last edited by HCBPH; 09-29-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page