LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 62 Old 12-13-2013, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 52
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 108
What Does Your User Name Mean?

I very often wonder, as I read all of the various posts from the members here, what their user name means, or how they came up with it. I'm sure a lot of other members wonder the same thing from time to time. Some of the names are straight forward and easy to figure, and some of them, I'm not even sure how to pronounce.
So I decided to start a new thread to see who would participate. I'll go first.
Blue Hill. There are a range of hills to the south of where I live called the Blue Hills. I used to hunt and hike back there a lot. I have a blacksmith shop I call Blue Hill Forge and blacksmithing is a hobby that I get a lot of enjoyment out of. That's all there is to it. Who's next.
Larry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Larry
Snow Removal Equipment:
2014 Ariens Platinum 24
A collection of shovels that I try to avoid using
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 12-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 346
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 781
When I first started joining internet discussion forums (mostly railroad related) it was 1996, I was 27 years old, single, and in a band. The bands name was "Johnny Chaos" and we played the bars and festivals in Rochester, NY from 1995 to 2000. (then in 2000, everyone turned 30, got married, and started having kids! that kills a lot of bands!

Since my name is Scot, and I was in a band named Johnny Chaos, I thought the username "scottychaos" was clever..I honestly didnt give it much thought..so I started using it on several forums..(remember, I was 27 years old!

Fast-forward 18 years...im now 44, and for several years now I have gradually started to think the username "scottychaos" sounds a bit stupid..but im still a member of several forums where it is used! I have been using that name for so long, I cant change it...and its even incorporated into one of the railroad forums that hosts all my webpages:

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/Ariens/

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/snowbird/

So for many things, it simply cant be changed..I will be living with my casual decision, when I was 27, probably for the rest of my life!

But when I started joining new forums, I didnt want to use that name anymore..
So I chose "sscotsman" for some, (the extra-s on the front is only because the name "scotsman" is usually already taken!) and sometimes I also just go ahead and use "scotlawrence"..my real name.

my username here, "sscotsman" comes from the fact that I have only have one "t" in Scot, because Scotland only has one "t"! my parents felt if one "t" is good enough for Scotland, its good enough for me..rhe felt the extra "t" in "Scott" was redundant and unnecessary..and growing up with only the one "t", I have always felt that "Scott" looks weird..what is the extra "t" for anyway?

(We are of Scottish and English descent..and my Dad played the bagpipes)

So thats the evolution of my various usernames, over the past almost-20 years..

Scot

post #3 of 62 Old 12-13-2013, 09:42 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 34
Likes (Given): 15
Likes (Received): 23
Clearly, I'm boring and have no creativity based on my user name, lol. Talk about straight forward, mine is arrow straight. After I signed up and saw all the cool names I tried to go back and change mine but I guess you can't revise that info so here I am, Mr. Ray 1962 10ML60. I enjoy working on the older equipment too, like a lot of us here, and have a 1976 MTD snowflite 4/22 I've rebuilt, a 1979 Ariens Rocket 7 tiller, and a 1988 21" Snapper hi vac self propelled. I also love old Pontiacs and still have my first car, a 1976 Grand Prix my father bought for me for $300 when I was 16.
If I had it to do over, I would've been "62thro" or something a little more creative. Love all the info and ideas posted here, great group of people on this forum, always helpful.
post #4 of 62 Old 12-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
I have been accused of being arrogant, or pompous because of my username! However, my first canoe was manufactured by the Great Canadian Canoe Company, and that's where my username comes from.
post #5 of 62 Old 12-13-2013, 10:22 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Used to work for a Municipality as their Chief Building Official ( building inspector ) now retired and play golf to stay out of trouble.
post #6 of 62 Old 12-13-2013, 01:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 139
Thanks (Received): 274
Likes (Given): 376
Likes (Received): 923
Well, I went through the 60's and early 70's as a bad person and we'll leave it at that. I was just awful. Then a biker friend who was rotten as I told me about how to turn from my awful life and give my heart to God and accept the Lord Jesus as my Saviour. I am at'most a poor example of what it means to be be a Christian. i chose the name Micah 6:8KJ and that stands for the book of Micah in the Old Testament, King James version, chapter 6, verse 8. It says. "He hath shown thee, oh man, what the Lord requireth of thee but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.". When I see my username I try to remember those words and to try and be an example. I'm not ashamed nor do I try to be preachy but I will share my faith with whomever asks me.

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.
Toro 724
Toro CCR 3650E
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss ..Sold
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #7 of 62 Old 12-13-2013, 01:56 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 293
Likes (Given): 1652
Likes (Received): 583
there are actually two parts to my name but i didn't know if det-drbuzzard could be used so i've always wrote it down as detdrbuzzard. the det is for detroit and drbuzzard was a cb handle given to me in the late '70's by a friend. he was listining to an eight track of dr.buzzards savana blues band st the time

current machines
1-toro2450E-38419. 1-toro3000E-38435. 1-toro 3650E-38445
2-toro 521E-38052. 1-toro xl824pt 38086
1-.............,TORO XL 624ps..............
1-............, TORO XL 824ps..............
william

Last edited by detdrbuzzard; 12-13-2013 at 08:47 PM.
post #8 of 62 Old 12-13-2013, 06:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 139
Thanks (Received): 274
Likes (Given): 376
Likes (Received): 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by detdrbuzzard View Post
there are actually two parts to my name but i didn't know if det-drbuzzard could be used so i've always wrote it down as detdrbuzzard. the det is for detroit and drbuzzard was a cb handle given to me in he late '70's by a friend. he was listining to an eight track of dr.buzzards savana blues band st the time
Your name always did intrigue me William. You ol' buzzard!

Joe

Sent from my junky old Hisense 7" tablet that I can barely see.
Toro 724
Toro CCR 3650E
Toro 5/21 sold
Ariens 5/22 ss ..Sold
Ariens Sno Tek 7/24 sold.
Old green plastic snow shovel... Sent.to shovel Heaven
Old quarry shovel for ice.
New.green shovel
post #9 of 62 Old 12-13-2013, 07:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 4
Mine means nothing. It is gibberish.
post #10 of 62 Old 12-13-2013, 07:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Since mine is so complicated, I thought I'd explain it... I am a fan of snow removal.

Glad I cleared things up.

Craftsman 24" 179cc dual-stage snow blower
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page