Snowblower Forum banner

5 HP Ariens Snowblower for Sale Model 922003

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  1132le 
#1 · (Edited)
10/13/19
I have an update on this snowblower. I was able to locate a brand new engine side cover! I then purchased a new camshaft, a carburetor kit, and all the requisite seals and gaskets. I had her back together a few months ago but I didn't want to put any gas in it until it started cooling off. I put gas in it today, got her running, and tuned the carburetor. I'm going to have to ask $300 OBO since it is now operational.

Original Post:
I have an old Ariens snowblower for sale. It dates back to the mid seventies. My dad bought it new and it has been in the family ever since. The snowblower has never been refurbished or repainted in any way. It will need some TLC. The engine had apparently seized while it was warming up at idle. I took it apart and found the oil galley to the camshaft on the engine side cover was plugged up causing a light seizure on the camshaft in the engine side cover. I tried to get replacement parts (camshaft, engine side cover, and all seals and gaskets) for the old Tecumseh. At the time everything was available but the engine side cover. I ever tried to get a new engine but they don't make small engines with two output shafts anymore. The camshaft drives the wheels on this model. I got distracted and never got back to trying to fix it. Now I just want to get rid of it. It's in great shape except for the camshaft issue. It would be a good project for somebody here in the off season. I live near the Quad Cities here in Iowa/Illinois. $150 obo and you come get it.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
yup old snowblowers are a tough sell. feels like every year there are more and more used snowblowers on the market which somewhat hurts the value. i know i got a couple snowblowers sitting around that i have been thinking about just parting out since i know i will likely get more from them as parts than i will together and it will likely be easier to sell the parts. best of luck selling it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.