LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 02-10-2020, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 6
Liquidating 500 Snow Blowers

New to the forum, and probably won't be a long time member, but I appreciate what you all have here. I live outside of Memphis, TN (the reason I will not likely be a veteran member) and am helping a good friend liquidate his dad's business due to old age and health issues. His dad would purchase excess inventory from Murray over the years, buying thousands of mowers, trimmers, etc. He would sell that stuff pretty easily, but his snow blower inventory kept stockpiling because nobody here needs one. He has over 500 machines from 5hp to 12hp, with Snow King and Husqvarna motors, mostly. The snow blowers would come in the package deals he had with the manufacturer. Also has a lot of stuff from Black and Decker, DeWalt, etc.

If any of you know someone that might be interested in a bulk purchase, or want more info, I'd love to have him talk with them to give more info. I can post pics of the boxes and get more detailed info on the machines if anyone wants. He will rent a truck and deliver if anyone buys a large sum. But shipping is around $200 for a single machine, so it adds a lot to the price for buying one machine. He's sold a few $1,800 machines for $300 + $210 shipping so folks still got a good deal, but it would take many years to get rid of over 500 that way.

Stay warm out there guys, good luck keeping the sidewalks, driveways and parking lots clear!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Howard Nauss liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 02-10-2020, 09:36 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 151
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 546
Getting a new $1800 machine for $300 would surely pop up some red flags …..

I can surely see a dilemma trying to sell snowblowers in Tennessee.

If I were your friend, I would rent a truck, load it up with those new overstocked machines, and take a ride up here to New England. You would have those sold in a matter of days. Just run a local ad and book a motel room for a couple days.
post #3 of 44 Old 02-10-2020, 09:43 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 96
Likes (Received): 81
WOW! And of course you forgot to show pictures of 500 snowblowers all waiting to be sold. This has an odor. Buyer beware!
post #4 of 44 Old 02-10-2020, 09:48 AM

Post Thanks / Like
… A couple bridges in Brooklyn too maybe …..

I would also like to see that 500 quantity of snow blowers waiting to be sold …
post #5 of 44 Old 02-10-2020, 09:56 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 96
Likes (Received): 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneacer View Post
… A couple bridges in Brooklyn too maybe …..

I would also like to see that 500 quantity of snow blowers waiting to be sold …

Yes, NOT 500 BOXES but 500 machines. Assume the machines had an average wholesale value of $500/each, who could afford keeping (500)($500)= $250,000 in inventory sitting around for years gathering dust. OH and plus the storage cost!
post #6 of 44 Old 02-10-2020, 09:58 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 763
Thanks (Received): 236
Likes (Given): 1584
Likes (Received): 1679
Garage
where can i send the check??????

oh, they are not Honda's.........forget it.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #7 of 44 Old 02-10-2020, 11:17 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 35
Likes (Given): 59
Likes (Received): 219
hey ill send a check for full price plus i will add $2000 for your trouble. i will have someone come pick up the merchandise so no need to deliver.

dont worry about the hold on the check its totally legit

Ariens ProPath 21 208cc ...honda HS621 GX160
Toro 621 6hp 4 cycle ....Craftsman SS ???
....Honda HS624 GX160 Toro 828 lxe Tecumseh 8hp

Last edited by Snowbelt_subie; 02-10-2020 at 11:29 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes orangputeh, rod330, foggysail liked this post
post #8 of 44 Old 02-10-2020, 11:32 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 28
Likes (Given): 143
Likes (Received): 57
Garage
Pixs is very important!!! Post pixs of said items..

Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier!!
2019 Ariens Compact 24...
2013 Craftsman 22" 179cc better than shoveling
XM -1000, galvanized steel Shovel with gator grip tape....
Big Bad Kubota as a backup by neighbor.....
post #9 of 44 Old 02-10-2020, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 6
I didn't really ask for [email protected] replies but I guess I got them. I'll post some pics Wednesday night or Thursday morning. And will show they they aren't empty boxes. I'm not an idiot... Just looking at any possible lead or interest. He just contacted me yesterday about this stuff. I did immediately mention to him that we should find a place in Minneapolis or the Buffalo, NY area and haul 100 or so up and see how they sell. So the one idea on here that someone mentioned might be a good suggestion. He (son) works 60-70 hours a week at his day job and I do also now that it's tax season. His dad retired from Murray many years ago and started this business. We have a Black and Decker plant in the town also (used to be Porter Cable and Devilbiss). He used his connections at these places to build his inventory over the years. Just some background.

I'm going over Wednesday about 8pm CST to help him start an inventory of all the equipment, to get models, etc. I'll make sure we start on the blowers so I can get that info posted on here. And I'll get plenty of pics to post for the doubting Thomas crowd. I'm not trying to sell a bridge in Arizona, just have a close friend who had this dumped on him the past week due to his dad finally realizing he couldn't maintain his business due to his health. We will have the mowers sold pretty quick, and the trimmers, compressors, generators, dirt bikes and go-karts since that has been his bread and butter over the years. Just need to find a market for these snow blowers.

If you aren't interested, no problem. My post is legitimate and I prefer either professional responses or no responses. I'll sign back on Wednesday night with more info and plenty of pics.

Thanks guys,
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes micah68kj liked this post
post #10 of 44 Old 02-10-2020, 01:24 PM

Post Thanks / Like
With 500 new snowblowers … that is certainly a question of legality, to say the least.

Even if you are in a legitimate situation, coming to a forum where people come to discuss there own individual snowblowers, in my opinion, would not be a proper venue to unload 500 new snowblowers.

If I were you, and you don't want to sell them out of the back of a truck, and be aware that would also grab the local authorities attention, then you should contact Ocean State Job Lot, or another retailer that handles the resale of overstocked new merchandise.

You have to admit, coming to a forum seeking the resale of 500 new machines is certainly an invite for sarcasm, just sayin ….
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page