Tecumseh 8-10 hp muffler wire guard wanted part 127-20 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2018, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 16
Likes (Received): 17
Tecumseh 8-10 hp muffler wire guard wanted part 127-20

Hi all, I am looking for the muffler wire guard for my Tecumseh snowblower engine.
Its an 8 hp, hmsk80.
It is the metal muffler wire guard that bolts right over the square muffler.
After receiving my up to date Tecumseh service manual, I found the guard to have an updated part number of 36294.
According to my machines parts manual it is snapper part 2-8747 (old part number) and Tecumseh part 127-20.
I will attach a photo of an engine with the shield to show you what I am looking for.
If someone has one laying around and would like to sell it to me, PM me I will buy it and pay for shipping.
If you have the mounting bolt/screws for it to that would also be great. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tecumseh snowking engine with muffler shield..jpg
Views:	49
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	131649  

Last edited by FearlessFront; 02-12-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2018, 08:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 42
Likes (Received): 119
It's a safety feature to stop you from burning yourself if you happen to touch the hot muffler. I never had one on my machine and in 20 years never had a problem. But it is a good idea. I tried to find the part but no luck. Someone has to have one out there...

Last edited by Dannoman; 02-10-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 75
Thanks (Received): 185
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 643
I've had them on MTD products...no big deal, can live without IMHO
Old 02-11-2018, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
I know what it is.
If anyone out their has one reply on here or pm me. I want it for both protection against being burned and the cosmetic look of it. I have been looking for one for a long time. I saw one on a snapper just like mine and it gives the machine a distinct look besides protecting against being burned and I did melt a glove one time on the muffler, their is still a black spot on the muffler from where I touched it, good thing I had the glove on or my hand would have been hurtin awhile, **** happens. So it would be very nice to have, considering I have put every other upgrade on my machine, besides the canopy this is the only upgrade part I do not have on my machine. Mostly interested in it for its unique look.
It is Tecumseh part 127-20, however you most likely will not find it that way, since I have not found one for sale on the internet, but maybe someone who owns a lawn shop out their in this country could find it in their inventory using that number.
It is also Snapper part number 2-8747 if a Snapper dealer out their has any of them in stock and long forgot about.
If not just go by the way it appears in the photo provided. I am highly interested in buying one, so if someone does have one message me. Thank you!
(If you have a lot of snowblowers and a few of them have this shield and you would like to part with it and make some money, message me. If you have Tecumseh engines laying around and this guard is on it and you would like to take it off and sell it to me message me, or if you just have a few laying around and would like to sell me one, message me. Thank you)
As stated before I am also still looking for the mulch plate for my Ariens rotary mower attachment for my 10000 series and a metal (steel) belt cover for my Ariens 10000 series.
Those are the 3 hard things to find I am currently looking to purchase. Thank's
(Here is a photo of an Ariens snowblower with an upgraded Tecumseh engine (misprinted in the photo it says Briggs, but it is a Tecumseh) with the guard, so you know exactly what I am looking for).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ariens Sno-Thro with replacement Tecumseh with muffler guard..jpg
Views:	75
Size:	460.9 KB
ID:	132017  

Last edited by FearlessFront; 02-11-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:54 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 109
I go through alot of machines and I will keep an eye out, shipping shouldn't be to bad from RI. Keep the post updated if you find one before I do.

74 Ariens 832
8? FMC Bolens 824
02 White 4x4 Snow Boss
90 Lawn Boy ST320
88 Honda 300FW w/plow
Old 02-11-2018, 06:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 42
Likes (Received): 119
That's a sweet looking machine.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 35
I have a metal belt cover. Needs a respray but still solid. I may also have the oem wing but bolt but no promises
Old 02-11-2018, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilateen02 View Post
I go through alot of machines and I will keep an eye out, shipping shouldn't be to bad from RI. Keep the post updated if you find one before I do.
Thank's, will do.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by arienskids View Post
I have a metal belt cover. Needs a respray but still solid. I may also have the oem wing but bolt but no promises
PM me with a photo of the belt cover. Ready to buy when your ready to sell. Thanks
Old 01-21-2019, 08:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 56
Thanks (Received): 76
Likes (Given): 66
Likes (Received): 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessFront View Post
Hi all, I am looking for the muffler wire guard for my Tecumseh snowblower engine.
Its an 8 hp, hmsk80.
It is the metal muffler wire guard that bolts right over the square muffler.
After receiving my up to date Tecumseh service manual, I found the guard to have an updated part number of 36294.
According to my machines parts manual it is snapper part 2-8747 (old part number) and Tecumseh part 127-20.
I will attach a photo of an engine with the shield to show you what I am looking for.
If someone has one laying around and would like to sell it to me, PM me I will buy it and pay for shipping.
If you have the mounting bolt/screws for it to that would also be great. Thank you!

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/ja...tecumseh/36294
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in