LCT Stormforce 136cc intake valve retainer and valve stem seal needed - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 11
Garage
LCT Stormforce 136cc intake valve retainer and valve stem seal needed

I have a 136cc LCT Stormforce engine (I believe the 208cc is the same as far as the parts go, but not positive). Its from a 2012 Ariens Sno-Tek 24" model 920402
The engine is model (I hate these long model numbers, what happened to good ole HSSK50 something simple?) anyway model PW2HK18400 178E-ABOQUVE1M
I need the intake valve spring retaining clip and the intake valve stem seal. No sorry no part numbers, already checked LCT parts diagram, not listed not mentioned, they want you to buy a new head for $88. Not doing it.
If someone has these parts on hand new or used they can sell/ship me pm me.
Or if someone knows a part number or a place to source these, please let me know where?
Will an MTD Powermore valve retainer work for their 163, 208cc engine work? I found one of theirs. As far as this seal does anyone know what size it is so I can just order it by size?
Attached are photo's of the old broken parts needed. Thank you, this may come in handy for someone else down the line considering the majority of Ariens machines use these engines now and these specific parts are not listed or sold separately.
Update, I found this one on ebay which appears will work, I also looked up the Honda GX120 AND 160 and it is this same retainer. Will this work in place of the old broken one?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Champion-CP...97.m4902.l9144
and will this seal work in place of the old damaged one it measures 10mm outer dia and 6mm inner and that is what mine appears to be using a manual caliper as close as I can measure it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harbor-Frei...l/183588263756
Attached Images

1983 Simplicity 870

Last edited by Dusty; 01-04-2019 at 04:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 06:36 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 31
Likes (Given): 411
Likes (Received): 115
SORRY dusty
only sold as a full complete unit

PW2HK18400178EABOQUVE1M is the model , displacement ,and serial number all in one
going by the engine model # you gave and the lct website
LCT Service Parts Catalog
parts listing is a complete head with gaskets "unit repair" no indv,parts are sold
Ref# ARIENS # Description
1 20001187 Cylinder Head Assy- 136cc (incl. Gasket)

Ariens 20001187

CYLINDER HEAD ASSEMBLY(W/GSKT)
Your price: $129.69
post #3 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 06:43 AM

Post Thanks / Like
i should note if the keeper broke, the valve dropped and possibly hit the piston , there is a very high possibility the valve is now bent ,something that can NOT be WELL seen with the head still on the motor.
post #4 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 07:55 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 254
Likes (Received): 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 woodie View Post
SORRY dusty
only sold as a full complete unit

PW2HK18400178EABOQUVE1M is the model , displacement ,and serial number all in one
going by the engine model # you gave and the lct website
LCT Service Parts Catalog
parts listing is a complete head with gaskets "unit repair" no indv,parts are sold
Ref# ARIENS # Description
1 20001187 Cylinder Head Assy- 136cc (incl. Gasket)

Ariens 20001187

CYLINDER HEAD ASSEMBLY(W/GSKT)
Your price: $129.69

Seems to be a common thing with these motors, you can't buy small parts, only assemblies. Makes fixing them expensive.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 132619 liked this post
post #5 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 08:14 AM

Post Thanks / Like
yes it is joe!! something you yourself well found out with your needing a starter motor. same for me,i need a starter brush assembly,
for a kohler nope whole starter.
post #6 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
I got the retainer and seal off ebay, $10 bucks.
LCT needs to rethink this. If I had to order a head for $88 I would have been better off getting a Predator 212 for $94.99.
If this happened to a home owner and they took it in for repair and were told a few hundred to put a new head on the machine, it would have been abondoned.
I'm glad my personal machine has a Tecumseh thats all I can say!

1983 Simplicity 870
post #7 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Although it appears I found the solution to my issue, if anyone out their has LCT parts PM me, I'm sure this wont be the last time I need them. Thank's

1983 Simplicity 870
post #8 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
LCT customer service just got back to me. They have great customer support and are very helpful.
They just got back to me and are sending me a kit for my engine. It includes valves, retainers and springs. They said the valves are not for my engine but the springs and retainers are. Their sending it free of charge. Most likely because it wasnt available.
I wish I didnt order the parts on ebay for $10 but now I'll have spares.
Also I believe the cause of the damage was my neighbor over revved the engine. He had the idle screw on top all the way screwed in so the engine was going full speed the whole time. Likely did that because their is no throttle. You don't do that! The overall quality of these engines is no where near as good as Tecumsehs were, but if you use it properly and take care of it, it should still serve you well for a good period of time.
Moral of story, don't over rev your engine and if you need those parts, contact LCT, they will take care of you.
I have a feeling after this, they will make a kit available for purchase.
I no longer need these parts, thank you!

1983 Simplicity 870
post #9 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 02:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 51
Thanks (Received): 60
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 91
Dusty we have the same Blower 1690776 although my serial number is in the 4900's.
I loved my HM-80 Tecumseh although I threw a rod out the side last April. Gave me five years of faithful service.
What a great engine that idled perfect from day one after it was brought it back from the dead. Got it free it sat in the guys driveway uncovered cylinder was frozen starter cord gone.

Man in heavy snow it was a workhorse and smooth as butter. Never over revved or anything.
My mistake was I switched oil type for the first time in 2018 from Valvoline conv. to Mobil Super 5000 conv. and I rushed out to do a quick clean because we were without power and I did not check the oil at all and just went to town because sister was dropping off a generator ......I knew in the back of my mind that was a mistake...I even said to myself nahhhhh this once it will be fine. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR OIL BEFORE EVERY USE OF BLOWER. Make sure that oil is at the top full line on dipstick. I know Tec. says right in the middle but I remember advice from someone saying on the HM80 bring it to top of full line(Hatch marks on dipstick).
On the bible I swear it was the only time I did not check it and I knew it was going to hurt me. I can feel my BP in my neck right now over the stupidity!!!

I want a storm so bad to try out my new/old HMSK-80. Just tuned that bad boy cleaned Jets.... adjusted low and High idle...Cleaned & lubed governor so it comes back to idle smoother. Was dirty a heck. Was fun to do.

I hope it performs like My HM-80.

Anyways was cool to see my snowblower Twin. Yours is in great shape!!! The white paint has held up much better than mine being left outside I believe uncovered. Now I am going black due to the HMSK-80. Belt cover now black. Have a longer orange Simplicity Chute that will go on after fresh paint which is orange. But have to get Powder orange paint in place of Deep orange of this new chute.

Do you have any tricks to your simplicity you have found or notice any habits of your machine that you have to oppose like it rides up or pulls to left or right sometimes?

What is funny is that I always knew and wanted a Simplicity Sno-Pro or now Signature Pro(body style)...I love the **** thing. Comes as advertised.
post #10 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 03:15 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 103
Likes (Received): 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplicitySolid22 View Post

Do you have any tricks to your simplicity you have found or notice any habits of your machine that you have to oppose like it rides up or pulls to left or right sometimes?

I have an Allis Chalmers Sno-Pro 828,same as Simplicity 870,and I can tell you one quirk about it that I think absolutely sucks,and Simplicity should be ashamed of themselves for omitting them-the auger has no grease fittings on it.One side is seized on mine and I think on Dusty's,too.

I planned on taking it apart and remedying both problems this fall,but we went right from summer to winter and I never got the chance.I've been running with the shear pin removed hoping it would break free,but that's not going to happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in