Snowblower Forum banner

Found in PA: Looking For a Dual Stage Snowblower

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Grunt 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I'm looking to purchase a dual stage snowblower in the Southeastern PA area. 5hp+. I'd like to spend $200 or less. Brand preferences are: Craftsman, Ariens, John Deere, MTD, Toro, and others. Must run well and not need any work. Prefer electric start & pull start combo.

Thanks!

#3 · (Edited)
Noma wouldn't be on the must have list, but if you can find a decent one at a good price you should get some good service out of it. For under $200 you could get a few years out of it or flip it for what you paid if something better comes along.

Let us know how it works out for you.

#4 ·
Thanks. I just picked it up tonight:

Like you said, I figure I can replace the sliders, grab a light and possibly a canvas, then get a few good years out of it before I move in the City (Philly) and don't really need it anymore. Anything in particular to look out for on these?

Thanks,

#5 ·
Just make sure it has shear bolts and not regular bolts in the augers. Also, while you are at it remove them and make sure the augers spin on the shaft freely with the bolts removed. Often times on older machines they rust together and then if you hit something instead of breaking a $1 bolt you break a $100 gearbox.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.