LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-15-2017, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
1 yr old snow joe won't run

Hello and thanks. Tried to use my 1 year old snow joe ION 108sb-hyb and it won't run. Ran great all last year. Charger says the battery is fully charged. The chute rotates back and forth fine so there's power. However, the light won't turn on and the motor won't start up. Yes I pushed the safety switch button. As far as pushing the button on the safety key thing, mine doesn't use the safety key thing. Doesn't have one, never did. Don't know why, just doesn't. So, can't be that I think.

Here's what happened. It snowed (ha, ha) Blower sat in covered garage from last winter. Slid battery in blower and there was a small spark when battery connected, (don't know what that was all about) Tried to start blower... nothing. Like I said, chute rotates back and forth fine but no light or motor operation. I plugged an A/C power cord in and it ran great then. Just sayin'

So what do you think? Is there some kind of hidden breaker maybe? Still under warranty so I could take it back to HD but... I want to blow my snow now!!! Plz...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-06-2018, 11:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 149
Likes (Given): 78
Likes (Received): 261
There are two different interlock buttons for the Battery vs. AC power sources. Did you use the correct one for the battery?

• To start the unit in battery mode, make sure the unit is unplugged and the battery is inserted. Use your finger on one hand to press the switch button on the inside of the handle (marked DC), then use your other hand to squeeze the lever.
  • To start the unit in electric mode, make sure the battery is removed and the unit is plugged in. Use your finger on one hand to press the switch button on the outside of the handle (marked AC), then use your other hand to squeeze the lever.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks brads thanked for this post
post #3 of 4 Old 01-07-2018, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabora View Post
There are two different interlock buttons for the Battery vs. AC power sources. Did you use the correct one for the battery?

• To start the unit in battery mode, make sure the unit is unplugged and the battery is inserted. Use your finger on one hand to press the switch button on the inside of the handle (marked DC), then use your other hand to squeeze the lever.
  • To start the unit in electric mode, make sure the battery is removed and the unit is plugged in. Use your finger on one hand to press the switch button on the outside of the handle (marked AC), then use your other hand to squeeze the lever.
Yes, that's exactly it. I was pushing the switch button on the outside (AC) instead of the inside. (DC) Hadn't used it since last year so...

Thanks
post #4 of 4 Old 02-25-2019, 08:19 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
I have the same problem. When it was really cold the motor worked but the toggle switch didn't work, so I brought it inside and the toggle switch works but the motor doesn't. I tried with and without the battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page