post #1 of 13 Old 01-02-2017, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 0
824 impeller bearing

Hi all,
First time posting on this forum. I had and 824 with a bad motor. I replaced the motor and after a few test runs with the auger engaged, I found that the impeller bearing is a little sloppy. I have 0 experience with TORO brand. I'm more familiar with he Ariens and John Deere. After looking over the machine, it appears that it is not a small project. I'm thinking i need to remove the entire auger/impeller parts to get the machine split. I could just wing it and go as I see fit. However if there is a repair manual or procedure to follow, I would like to go that route. Mod # is 38080 and see # is 6003240.
Any help would be appreciated.
Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-03-2017, 10:10 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 353
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1163
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkchainsaw View Post
Hi all,
First time posting on this forum. I had and 824 with a bad motor. I replaced the motor and after a few test runs with the auger engaged, I found that the impeller bearing is a little sloppy. I have 0 experience with TORO brand. I'm more familiar with he Ariens and John Deere. After looking over the machine, it appears that it is not a small project. I'm thinking i need to remove the entire auger/impeller parts to get the machine split. I could just wing it and go as I see fit. However if there is a repair manual or procedure to follow, I would like to go that route. Mod # is 38080 and see # is 6003240.
Any help would be appreciated.
Randy
You are going to have to kick it old school. split it in half. and start taking it apart. you can always PM for help if you need it.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 13 Old 01-03-2017, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Ok, got it all apart and found a bad bearing. Wasn't as bad as I was thinking.
Getting ready to order parts.
Randy
post #4 of 13 Old 01-03-2017, 04:15 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 277
Glad to hear you weren't having a bad time with seized/stuck shafts! Be sure to lube everything liberally with grease when she goes back together and you will save yourself future grief......

I am deathly allergic to shovels!

post #5 of 13 Old 01-03-2017, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks, I will definitely "never seize " it back together.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-03-2017, 10:17 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 8
I did an impeller bearing replacement on my Toro 832 a couple years ago. I couldn't budge the bearing. I made a puller to hold the bearing in place and push the shaft out of the bearing along with a bunch of heat. I posted some pics of the bearing and the puller in the gallery Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums - JerryD's Album: 1971 832 Toro - Picture

I hope it helps.

Jerry...
post #7 of 13 Old 01-03-2017, 10:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
I just did my impeller bearing, I used a propane torch to heat up the pulley, it almost lifted off after some heat.

1988 Toro 824 Powershift
1994 John Deere TRS-21
post #8 of 13 Old 01-04-2017, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Jerry and fibersport,
Those were the scenarios that i was expecting, however, this darn thing popped right off with only a couple sprays of WD40 and some love taps with a hammer. Simply amazing!!!!! One thing I have to say that the machine is exceptionally clean and free of rust for its age. I'm thinking its a 1986 model. Ordered the parts last night and will hopefully slide it back together real soon. Thanks again for all the tips. I received a helpful message from another fella about the manuals. I can't seem to find it so I have to do some digging. I'm new to this website so it may take a bit to find my way around. These sites are great.
Randy
post #9 of 13 Old 01-04-2017, 11:11 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 84
GMorning rk, Try this website, https://www.toro.com/torodealer-gene...KGwaAopZ8P8HAQ. That will take you to the Toror website and allow you to D/L the manuals you need, once you enter the model number. I believe there is a 'sticky' on the Toro forum for drivetrain service. GLuck, Jay
post #10 of 13 Old 01-04-2017, 12:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 277
Impressive little puller there!

I am deathly allergic to shovels!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page